Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Why so few high-capacity Chinese bikes available? 
    C-Moto Regular
    I remember an article on Visordown I think saying how everyone would be riding about on Chinese superbikes in a decade's time. What a load of bull. How can you build a superbike without any racing experience or when you actually have a cultural aversion to motor racing as is the case in China? The Japanese are some of the most passionate about motor racing people in the world.

With regional governments in China completely hell bent on banning motorcycles, I really have my doubts about the future of the Chinese motorcycle industry.

2. #12 Re: Why so few high-capacity Chinese bikes available? 
    Well often you have a group of wealthy people and next to them may in fact be losses that are piling up into the national banks? This specific industry is not profitable but some of its administrative executives may be?

http://www.theatlantic.com/china/arc...verage/281660/

3. #13 Re: Why so few high-capacity Chinese bikes available? 
    Want to know how the trading companies operate, they sell out of many factories production and for pennies on the dollars. They simple place orders, they are order takers. The factory just keep cranking them out and the trading companies dump them into the markets.

That is not a sustainable business model, we all know what it takes for a motorcycle manufacturer to survive. They have to be linked into the markets and have well managed channels. They are often subdivisions of the larger parent company.

They cut each other throats in the market…they even cut off their nose to spite their faces. They all sell copies of the same things and under cut each other at every turn. That is because behind it all at the top are some black Audis that only want to make sure they keep getting their salaries? They manage it all on their side with presentations of great milestones and lots of pop and pageantry, all with lots of red color.

Why care if the president get one dollar for each sale? It only one dollar.

4. #14 Re: Why so few high-capacity Chinese bikes available? 
    These “Royals: as I like to call them, some know they need to sell off some of their assets to foreign companies, but others refuse as its against national honor. That’s your left and right in China, I admit an over simplification but it’s a pretty good one.

They need to sell off the assets but in that comes the downsizing and efficiency and it is too soon some say. Because the workers are also getting pennies and they need the pennies to keep it all growing. The efficiency will shrink it all down and in that let many go and that’s not something they are able to address. However they can see the lack of sustainability in particularly this industry.

I predict a price war out of the top manufactures and a big cleaning up, by killing off the littlest. That will help in that Sunduro, Wuyang, Haojue will take much of the market with prices and quality the others cannot match.

I image the politboys will respond with the islands again or some other mind control distraction as the Japanese machine turns itself on high in china to take percentages of the Chinese beloved yet hated motorcycle industry.

5. #15 Re: Why so few high-capacity Chinese bikes available? 
    What will be interesting is whether Sundiro, Wuyang, Haojue, Qingqi, Jianshe etc decide to start making a 350-650cc commuter middleweight bikes. If CFMOTO and others can make them, and they can build them in India, they certainly can in China. I don't know why they haven't, maybe the Japanese management haven't wanted it or the Chinese management haven't pushed for it. Or maybe the they think the Chinese will just use politics kill off the entire market if the Japanese have dominance.

I think Haojue might be the first as they are having success with the Inazuma 250.

6. #16 Re: Why so few high-capacity Chinese bikes available? 
    Why make it in China if it cannot be sold in China? There are probably allot of Chinese mothers that really do not want their only son on a motorcycle, seriously on those streets.

Anyways…
    Who was it that brought back Morris Garages?
    http://www.saicmg.com/

I suppose the reason that there are not really any great websites for motorcycles in China is in part do to the lack of interest and not really wanting to encourage it? Its odd isn’t it them not being all in, could be that all the talent goes to other industries.

I’d like an MG please. but not a 7 though, would like a midget though and really cheap thanks.
    Make it looks like this please.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12