Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 I'm doing it! Chinese Motorcycle license step by step. Wish me luck! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi guys. I've lurked around this forum quite a while and thought its about time i made a meaningful contribution. Today i'm going to take the first steps in the direction of hopefully, one day, obtaining a Chinese Motorcycle license.

About me:

British guy

Living in Chengdu, Sichuan

NO british license, of any kind.

I realise that not having a license in my own country is going to make this process long, difficult and maybe even unsuccessful. But i gotta try, there's mountains out there just waiting to be explored! I am a happy and patient guy who is willing to jump through all the necessary hoops to try and finally obtain that magic little piece of plastic.

I will update this thread after every and/or any meaningful progress has been made.
    I realise that this community has a wealth of knowledge and i am completely open to your advise and suggestions.

I hope this blog will one day help others who find themselves in a similar position to myself.

Ok, enough talking, i'm off to get registered.....

Thanks,
    Japhy

2. #2 Re: I'm doing it! Chinese Motorcycle license step by step. Wish me luck! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Just realised i may have posted this in the wrong sub. Would a moderator please move this thread to a more appropriate place?

Thanks,
    Japhy

3. #3 Re: I'm doing it! Chinese Motorcycle license step by step. Wish me luck! 
    I moved your thread don't worry.
    I know a few people who haven't had a motorcycle license and successfully passed their test in China. They said it wasn't that hard but they already had car licenses from their home country. Just do yourself a favor and study the test rules from your home country, otherwise driving armed with Chinese driving skills would surely make you cause a series of accidents if you go back home!

4. #4 Re: I'm doing it! Chinese Motorcycle license step by step. Wish me luck! 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by japhyrider View Post
    ..... that magic little piece of plastic......
    Sorry to disappoint you, Its not a piece of plastic here ;)

Anyway, Ive done it without a license back home. They allowed me to pass the test with a translator. I studied all the old questions and it was enough in my case. I also read somewher here that there is a paid iphone app called "driving in china" (or something like that) and its very useful.

Good luck!