Hello all! I just moved to Shanghai from the States and am dearly missing my little Ninja 300 back there D=. I actually have a couple questions that google and the search function have been unable to help me with:

- Around Shanghai sometimes I see people (all foreigners) on really nice-looking sports bikes. I mean they look like Suzuki gixxers, cbr600's, and such. Google told me that these bikes were banned?

- I tried to look and all of them didn't have plates on them either. It wasn't even fake or illegal, there was just no license plate at all. I thought it was nigh impossible to ride around without legal plates?

- Every resource I've seen quoting the price and difficulty of ascertaining legal plates are at least a year old; does anybody have reference to an up-to-date website detailing how hard it is to get motorcycle plates in shanghai for 250cc and up?

- Is it possibly to buy fully-faired sports 250's here? The pics of the GW250s I see look naked/half faired.

- Does anybody have recommendations for bikes similar to the ninja 300 or the new cbr 500? I'm looking for a sports bike like that. Maybe a kawasaki 650 or something too.