Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Manufacturing connections 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob ahernandez74's Avatar
    Anyone have any manufacturing connections? A buddy of mine over here needs a bunch of gear for his motorcycle school. Just curious to see if anyone got the connections and ability to get some stuff direct.
    He just started the school and having some gear would just be a bonus. Any leads?

Looking for stuff similar to alpine stars, cycle gear. Stuff thats sold on www.revzilla.com www.motorcyclehouse.com

2. #2 Re: Manufacturing connections 
    There's really nothing much available that I'm aware of. Mostly because the motorcycle leisure market is so small and the problem with fakes. Although I do get some mountain bike stuff cheap, basically if it's made in China half price, and made in Taiwan a third cheaper sometimes. There is certainly some genuine Alpinestars manufactured in China, most likely somewhere near Shanghai. I'm sure the locals would be happy to supply some 2nd grade nicked product if you can find them!

3. #3 Re: Manufacturing connections 
    ZMC888 is correct, not too much in the 'free' market besides of the manufacturing for the larger brands, who all make a part of their range in China on an exclusive base.

We however had tailor designed racing suits made, and they came out above expectations, at very realistic prices. The custom designs were a bonus.
    I know however the factory did not earn a single penny on those, and 2 years later they refused our 2nd round.

20090218 Race Leathers (WinCE).jpg

I think outsourcing is feasible, but the main thing is quantities, in models and in sizes.
    If you got those, there are opportunities (and yes, I am in the outsourcing field )

E.

4. #4 Re: Manufacturing connections 
    I would go to the bike market in Guangzhou and fill up on mid-grade knockoff equipment, should be fine for a moto school. Forget what you want, TIC...you have to be happy with what you can get. As 998S pointed out, manufacturers don't want to waste time with small timers, they want BIG quantities.

Cheers!

5. #5 Re: Manufacturing connections 
    I have very good experience with this TaoBao shop in Beijing:

http://speedzone.taobao.com/shop/vie...d=33006457&v=1

mobile: 13371778773 (only in Chinese)

To find the location is difficult as it is in a Chinese neighborhood. Entry here, floor there, elevator up, corridor here, Apt there. Finally you end in a private apt. full to the ceiling with boxes. You will need a Chinese support. But the prices are reasonable and the quality satisfying. I bought several trousers, jackets, gloves and various other stuff there. I guess it is over production as the lady doesn't have all sizes of all item at any time.
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

6. #6 Re: Manufacturing connections 
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuBen View Post
    I have very good experience with this TaoBao shop in Beijing:

http://speedzone.taobao.com/shop/vie...d=33006457&v=1

mobile: 13371778773 (only in Chinese)

To find the location is difficult as it is in a Chinese neighborhood. Entry here, floor there, elevator up, corridor here, Apt there. Finally you end in a private apt. full to the ceiling with boxes. You will need a Chinese support. But the prices are reasonable and the quality satisfying. I bought several trousers, jackets, gloves and various other stuff there. I guess it is over production as the lady doesn't have all sizes of all item at any time.
    Wow is their stuff worthwhile? Durable?
    I might even want to make the treck out to buy some goodies if the price is right.