Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Hello from Brazil - riding the Sundowns. 

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Welcome to the forum. Enjoyed reading the STX motard site as I have a Qingqi QM200GY-BA model. Really liked the mudguard idea. In fact you may be able to remove the rather ugly original one alltogether...I'm considering that myself.

It's a good sign that a manufacturer as old and prestigious as KREIDLER has adopted the Qingqi QM200 as theirs. Shows that at last a Chinese bike gets close to the quality of an European or Japanese bike. Is the STX really made in Brazil?. Is it a subsidiary of Qingqi?. What does it say on the rating plate riveted to the steering head?. It should indicate the makers name.

Our bikes are sold under lots of different names. I don't know if you've seen my list, but if you haven't here it is, (can be useful when searching for spares or information in other forums. For example, in the UK they've never heard of a Qingqi. There the bike is sold under 4 different names!.

The original maker is JINAN QINGQI, Model QM200GY-BA (also known as QM200GY-B(A)) for the super motard version.
    Also made by an outfit known as Shandong Pioneer and called XF200GY-B this is some sort of subsidiary of the main factory.

In USA it's the QLINK XF200
    In Brasil STX 200 Motard Sundown

In the UK it appears as:

Pulse Adrenaline 125 (XF125GY-2B)
    Sinnis Apache QM200GY
    Superbyke RMR200
    Pioneer XF200-2V

In Chile/Colombia QMT200 or GXT Euromot
    In the Philippines it's a Sinski Motard 200R
    In Paraguay Genesis GXT200 B
    In Honduras a KMF
    In Spain it's marketed by Qingqi importer direct or I-moto as a Tiger sm 125
    In Turkey it's a Ramzey QM200GY
    In Checkoslovakia it's a YUKI 250 SM (too close to YUCKY for comfort...)
    In Russia it's called QINGQI DRAGON 200 SUPERMOTO
    In France Hooper 125 SMR
    In Germany it's imported by the prestigious Kreidler as a Supermoto 125 DD
    In Australia Arqin motorcycles RT200SM
    In Sweden and Norway they call it a TMS Supermotard 200cc
    In the Ukraine its a SkyMoto Dragon-200
    In South Africa its a Viper 200
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks for the page... went trough all your bikes stories... I wonder why you prefer small bikes...

Thank you very much for your input. You've made available valuable information in it. The STX is made in Brazil by a company named Brasil & Movimento, trading under the name of Sundown. This company is located in Manaus - AM - Brazil and produces a complete range of bicycles and motorcycles. They aren't a subsidiary of Qingqi, and they currently are in third place in the Brazilian market, placed immediatly after Yamaha. Honda occupies the first place by far. Their web address is: http://www.sundownnet.com.br/site/net/www/

It is the old story of David against Goliah. It is rewarding making the most of small output engines in an everyday situation, and even on road trips as I normally do. Furthermore the STX Motard, and even my previous Sundown Hunter 90, have excellent cost x benefit ratios.

Welcome, Ricardo. I don't know if you are a member of horizonsunlimited.com/hubb, but there are members who have ridden long distances on small displacement bikes, including around the world.

I, personally, feel that a 250 is about the mimimum displacement I want in the US. The mindset here is that the auto rules the road, and the cars travel a minimum of 80 to 110 mph anywhere and everywhere, and if someone is in the way, the vehicle behind (most always a massive SUV driven by a tiny housewife) tailgaits the front vehicle, and the smaller the vehicle, the more they are supposed to move out of the way. So if a vehicle is only traveling 70 mph (in a road posted for 50 mph), then, by the collective mentality of the driving public, a huge pickup truck or SUV must speed-up, tailgait the offender, until he either pulls over, or gets run off the road or is run over. That is why small displacement bikes are out of favor here, and the mentality is that 1100cc bikes are the only bikes one can buy.

BTW, this bike has been sold under the Qingqi name in the US, but the old distributor sold out to a new distributor, who has the mental IQ somewhere between a garden snail and a grasshopper, so the easiest way to get hold of one is through Qlink.

Many thanks on your comment about who rule the roads. The situation here in Brazil is quite similar to that in the US, principally if we consider that the bulk of our freight is transported by trucks (and not by trains). But I have found out my way among trucks, cars, light trucks, etc. on our roads along my 39 years of motorcycling.

Its is interesting to mention that there are nowadays more than 12 million motorcycles in Brazil; there were produced 2,115 million motorcycles in 2008 here in Brazil, by 19 bike makers.

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    there were produced 2,115 million motorcycles in 2008 here in Brazil, by 19 bike makers.
    That's astonishing. This explains why my friends CBF 250 and some other models are made in Brasil.

We'll forgive you for the Amazonas motorbike though...

It has a 1600 cc Volkswagen engine and weighs tons. Mind you it was better looking than this similarly-engined Russian "MIG" motorcycle:

Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

9. #9 Sundown Brazil 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Everyone i would just like to clarify some information about the Sundoen factory in Brazil.

The sundown Factory is indeed a Qingqi division Factory which was opened a few years ago if i want to order Qingqi form Brazil and not from China then i Can but that would be to expenseive. The sundown factroy has strong Shares By the Jinan Qingqi Group that is why they are building the same models That are deveploed by Qingqi so Yes Qingqi and Sundown are related I can even import the sundown Graphics on My Motorcycles From Qingqi China.

Hope this helps in some clarification.

regards
    Jean-Pierre

Hello Jean-Pierre and everyone

All the information I mentioned before concerning Sundown was taken from their Annual Report that is published on the Net at their site. I quote a small piece of the same "In China, Brasil & Movimento has a product development center where it works in a partnership with two large companies, Qingqi and Zongshen". The report is in English and the respective link to it is: http://www.sundownnet.com.br/site/en....asp?a=empresa .

Cheers from Brazil.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast