Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    V, tell me more about your V-Strom..did you import it yourself? Are there more around?

Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    I will give you all the low-down on the facts plus pictures and will be super nice to them, and try to pull in all 'guanxi' favors with the factory through the locals.
    OK Z, I will wait for your report, hope you get some nice weather soon. I appreciate the effort you're putting into this, as I'm very interested in a couple of the larger cc bikes as well.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV
    I appreciate the effort you're putting into this, as I'm very interested in a couple of the larger cc bikes as well.
    It's really no effort, the ride down there really is one of the best in this province! It just gives my recreational ride a reason!

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    Andy,

Two Questions:

#1 Let's just say I had a really good game of Mahjong last night and I could afford a new BMW. I fly up to Shanghai and lay out my cash with residence permit, drivers license etc. Do I get plates and insurance in Shanghai? If the answer is that I must register the bike in Guangdong, could you please ask the BMW dealership if they have any knowledge of someone buying in Shanghai and registering in Guangdong province.

#2 Let's just say you happen to re-locate to Guangzhou. What would you do? They don't issue ANY motorcycle registrations from what I am told.

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    We examined Q #1

If you would send a copy of your docs and a deposit today, fly up here tonight and put the cash on the table, you are the owner of a legal Jing A plated tomorrow evening, provided the bike is in their showroom now.

The GZ rego thing is still under investigation.

Andy
    Andy

C-Moto Guru
    @ZMC888: How about your visit & the registration issue on a 500er Asiawing?

@chinabiker: any news on the #1 issue Guangzhou? (assumption: it would be similar for other provinces)

I doubt they have the 500cc Spark is anywhere near available, all photos on the net are heavily photoshopped.

Phone Asiawing and hassle them, if they realize they have a market in China for what they are making, or thinking of making, they can do it, as they have a very large company that is financing them.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

C-Moto Noob
    From New York traveling in China(Beijing, Fuzhou, Xiamen, Nanning)
    Quote Originally Posted by chinabiker View Post
    We examined Q #1

If you would send a copy of your docs and a deposit today, fly up here tonight and put the cash on the table, you are the owner of a legal Jing A plated tomorrow evening, provided the bike is in their showroom now.

The GZ rego thing is still under investigation.

Andy
    I will arriving in China in about two weeks and would like to get a bike for transportation right away.

Here in the US I mostly ride my KLR 650 having just sold my KZ 750. I'm not sure anything smaller will work for me (I'm a big guy). I only have a tourist visa when I land.

I'm looking for more recommendations on how I can best get a LEGAL bike on the road and fast?

Thanks,
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by JBiz View Post

I'm looking for more recommendations on how I can best get a LEGAL bike on the road and fast?
    Tourist visa...........you can't drive or ride anything legally unless you have a Chinese Drivers License, I guess you could ride the bus. No other countries license works and the don't recognize International licenses.

In China when dealing with Govt. stuff........nothing is fast. Unless they want to execute you or jail you........see below.

If you don't care about legalities just buy a used bike from a shop or individual, ride it around and leave it at the airport when you depart. However you could be risking jail and/or deportation should you get caught especially if you get in an accident.

Short of arranging a BMW rental in Beijing or perhaps a CJ side-car in Beijing or Shanghai, you're not going to find a bunch of bikes there over 200cc.

Contact Chinabiker for the BMW's in Beijing or ShanghaiFingers for Shanghai. You may be surprised at how much ass a 200 can haul.

If you do ride in China, RIDE SLOWLY. NO BS. SLOW DOWN OR YOU WILL KILL YOURSELF.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

C-Moto Senior
    If you are landing in Shanghai, take a look at my bike in the classifieds on this site.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast