Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    C-Moto Noob
    From New York traveling in China(Beijing, Fuzhou, Xiamen, Nanning)
    All, thanks for your posts. A lot of good information in the threads. My plans changed a little and I now land in Beijing on the 23rd.

Since I want to ride legally, I won't rush to get on a bike. Thanks for the heads up. Hope at some point I will get to tag along with some of you to explore.

I didn't see in the posts if it's easier to get a motorcycle drivers license with a work visa (Z-visa). Since I may be working in China through the fall, does anyone know if it makes a diff.?

Thanks again all.

JBiz,

It's much easier to get a Chinese Driving License with a residency permit. So once you have started work in China it is usually fairly cheap and easy but a little annoying and time consuming check this thread: http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=593

Although in some areas they are biatches and don't want foreigners to get Chinese licenses, so make excuses (Big Damo in Xinjiang). In other areas, for example where I am, they seem embarrassed that our home licenses aren't valid in China, and make it pretty easy for us to get a Chinese Driving License.

I don't think it's possible to actually get a temporary Chinese Driving motorcycle license, unless there is some kind of motorcycle tour company to do it.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

Quote Originally Posted by JBiz View Post
    All, thanks for your posts. A lot of good information in the threads. My plans changed a little and I now land in Beijing on the 23rd.

Since I want to ride legally, I won't rush to get on a bike. Thanks for the heads up. Hope at some point I will get to tag along with some of you to explore.

I didn't see in the posts if it's easier to get a motorcycle drivers license with a work visa (Z-visa). Since I may be working in China through the fall, does anyone know if it makes a diff.?

Thanks again all.
    Biz,

now that we know when and where to you are coming, let us know what visa you are on.
    If you are a tourist, how long are you staying?
    Getting a temp car dl is very easy and cheap - that will do to ride

If you will work here, be a bit patient. As soon as you got your work permit, it's easy to get a license.

PM or e-mail me for some more detailed exchange.
    Andy

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234