Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 My Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Honestly? I couldn't wait to post the first pics of my bike. I know it's late and maybe not the best shots I ever made, but I wanted to share it with you all. I expect to take some really nice pictures this Weekend.

The true is, I'm really excited. Although it's my 2nd bike (first was a Yamaha Maxim 550), is the 1st one I ride full time, I bought the Maxim to modify it as a chopper but after 2 years my mechanic never finished the job. This one has a smaller engine, but it's really fun to drive.

Anyway, I'm driving my bike to go to work, about 13 miles from home. Of course my pocket is noticing the difference, I used to spend around $45 in gas and last week I spent about $5. Besides that, I get home earlier as I don't get stuck in the traffic jams on the highway and, if that isn't enough, a couple of girls said I look attractive with all my gear and my bike

It has been windy lately, but the bikes performs really good on the highway. A friend asked me about the vibration but honestly, I don't feel is that much, but on the other hand I don't know much about it.

Tomorrow I won't take it to work, even though I know how to drive and I did it in the past, I need to get my license, so I'll take the car again. I was not being responsible to drive like that. Last Monday I got stopped by the Police and they asked me only for my bike papers and my ID, thanks God there were any Transit Police (we have the regular ones and the Transit) because not having a license could cost me around $200 with the new Law.

Anyway, I hope to have my license soon to continue enjoying my bike, hopefully I would be able to keep it (I'm restoring a Camaro and it's sucking literally all my money), and by this weekend I will take some really nice photos to upload them.

As you can see on these, it has some aftermarket parts, like the blinkers, brake light, headlight and exhaust. It also has a set of cross tires, but since I drive on the street, I changed back to the normal ones. Then I removed all the stickers and painted the bike in flat black. I think I should add some color and a really nice set of stickers, or paint some stripes or something, but I'm not sure, I'm a fan of the flat black. What do you think about it?

Talking about the exhaust, another friend told me I should modify the motor (I think it was opening the cams) as the bike needs more gas with that exhaust. I don't know that's right, when I go full throttle I don't feel anything and the bikes performs great, it is constant and I don't feel any variation as he suggested, but you are the experts and you know more about it, maybe you can guide me on that.
    Attached Images

Looks good, congrats... Qingqi makes a nice bike.

C-Moto Noob
    Sick bike bro how much did it cost? I'm from the U.S. so American money. I'm new to this forum I have been interested in buying a Motard any suggestions?

I'd look for a qingqi if I was you, they are distributed as Q-Link in the USA I think? Culcune probably knows better...

DeSaint,

Congrats on the bike and the extra money in your wallet!

The headlight mod looks pretty slick. Could you give us more details about it?

Also, regarding to "opening up" you cams, if you need more fuel to the engine that would be done with changing the jets in the carb (which runs lean to meet EPA stuff). Generally though, if you're happy with the bike and how it's running then don't change anything and simply enjoy it. Chances are you'll end up with worse fuel mileage and unless you have another means of transport, might end up with more trouble than you want. Also, maybe see what cash you got left over after the Camaro is finished. Some pics of the Camaro are welcome too!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thank you Carl.
    I'm really happy with the bike, so I will follow your advice and keep it as it is. My friend has a 125 UM, probably that's why he needed to modify it. Mine just performs really well and I don't see the need to change that.

About the headlight, I bought it for $16 new, actually it was the cheapest I found, there was another one for $30 but I didn't like it, it was a regular 1 lamp headlight and I wanted a twin light. It was red, so I asked my friend who owns a shop to paint it for me, and he did it for free. Actually I painted this and the rest of the bike on his shop all for free, as long as I was helping the painter , and so I did, I made the repairs and the primer base.

I did the electronic part, really easy to do if you ask me, just had to find out which cable goes with which. My father guide me thru but I did all the job. The only con about this headlight is that you don't get high and low light, just one bulb in low and the two bulbs on in high. This could be a problem if you really need the long light (I don't know how you call it), but for me it hasn't been a problem as I almost never drive at night, and when I've done it, I can see pretty well. Eventually I will find a better model or I'll change to xenon to try it.

C-Moto Noob
    Nice moto and nice exhaust. Which brand is it and how much did you pay it?

DeSaint,

Sounds like your lucky to be surrounded with such capable friends and family!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Looks good, congrats... Qingqi makes a nice bike.
    Ill second that, you have yourself a nice piece of machine! Looks sweet great work bro!

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    More photos, I took these last weekend. added some decals but keeping it simple, and changed the red things (I don't know the name for that) to attach the headlight for black ones.

aaah and I took it to the local car wash
    Attached Images
    Last edited by DeSaint; 02-24-2009 at 04:45 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast