Greetings All,

I'm making plans for my next trip out to China. This time I and my wife will be flying into Shanghai and we'll be staying for three weeks. Looks like the middle of May would be the earliest to arrive. We still aren't able to lock down dates as we're dealing with renewing my wife's Green Card here in the States and we have to work around the gov'ts schedule.

Anyway, I am presently negotiating with another forum member, ShanghaiFingers (Winston Sa) to rent a Chang Jiang rig from him. I'm planning on spending 5 to 7 days traveling around the back roads.

So far there is no exact itinerary, just the notion that we'll pick the bike up in Shanghai and ride some sort of big loop that ends back in Shanghai 7 days later. I've never attempted to camp in China and I am totally unfamiliar with that part of China. I don't know the "rules of the road" as far as what is allowed when one is looking for a camping spot. If anyone with experience cares to share I'd appreciate it.

Right now I am trying to convince two of my riding buddies to come over with us so that we can make a group ride, but they're hard to convince. I'd much prefer to ride with some other folks to make the ride more enjoyable and add a little peace of mind. Any China Riders living in or near Shanghai that would be interested in such a trip?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Dan K.
Black Hawk, Colorado