Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Survey on Electric Motorcycles 
    1. Do you ride a motorcycle?
    Yes, I currently do

2. Do you own/have you owned an electric bike/electric scooter/electric motorcycle?
    No

3. If you have never owned an electric bike/scooter/motorcycle, would you ever consider riding an electric motorcycle?
    No

4. And if no, why not?
    Visceral/emotional thrill (sound, vibrations, working a gearbox etc.)

5. What ‘style’ of motorcycle do you prefer?
    Sport
    Naked Street Fighter

6. If you have a bike, what do you mainly use it for?
    Leisure

7. What level of performance would you deem “acceptable” to you?
    600cc
    1000cc+

8. What amount of storage do you require on a motorcycle?
    None

9. If you were to ride an electric motorcycle, what range would you require out of it on a single charge (to cover 95% of your riding scenarios)?
    100 - 150km

10. As an electric, two-wheeled vehicle, an electric motorcycle technically does not require a motorcycle plate (although one could argue that it requires an electric bicycle plate). As such, the total on-the-road cost of the vehicle is the cost of the vehicle only i.e. no plating costs. Given this, if you were to buy an electric motorcycle which met your performance and practicality requirements, where would you set your budget?

11. If something on the electric motorcycle requires repair/replacement, would you be able and/or willing to repair/replace the component as an individual?
    Yes, able

12. Any other comments/suggestions/feedback?
    I do not believe that electric cars and/or bikes are the future (for more then one reason).
    Besides, as long as not mated to conventional engines (like in cars), it kills each and every thrill of a motorbike, taking away most, if not all, of the emotional experience which is such big part of a bike in the first place.

2. #12 Re: Survey on Electric Motorcycles 
    Quote Originally Posted by 998S
    I do not believe that electric cars and/or bikes are the future (for more then one reason).
    Besides, as long as not mated to conventional engines (like in cars), it kills each and every thrill of a motorbike, taking away most, if not all, of the emotional experience which is such big part of a bike in the first place.
    Agree, personally I think small city cars and scooters = electric
    Medium motorcycles and cars = hydrogen/electric hybrid
    Large cars, motorcycles and trucks = hydrogen

Reason being with hydrogen you can still keep your gears, exhausts etc

3. #13 Re: Survey on Electric Motorcycles 
    You can have gears with and electric drive, the Brammo does.
    http://www.brammo.com/empulse/

With out gears you have linear performance, either a high top speed or sudden acceleration, with multiple gearing you can have both and along the line be able to shift in and out. I image it can be set up quite the same, maybe even smoother with electric.

4. #14 Re: Survey on Electric Motorcycles 
    Branng, would you consider exporting your bikes? My guess is that it would be fairly easy to do so in the US considering the EPA (and California's stricter CARB) laws would not apply. I would assume DOT should be fairly straightforward.

While your endeavor sounds, on paper, to be similar to several other Chinese electric motorcycles, I would prefer to do business with non-Chinese people given the wide-open potential issues it seems dealing with those who can run and hide with your money.

5. #15 Re: Survey on Electric Motorcycles 
    1. Do you ride a motorcycle?
    Yes, I currently do

2. Do you own/have you owned an electric bike/electric scooter/electric motorcycle?
    No

3. If you have never owned an electric bike/scooter/motorcycle, would you ever consider riding an electric motorcycle?
    I would think about it

4. And if no, why not?
    Limited range
    Slow performance

5. What ‘style’ of motorcycle do you prefer?
    Naked Street Fighter

6. If you have a bike, what do you mainly use it for?
    Commuting

7. What level of performance would you deem “acceptable” to you?
    250cc
    400cc

8. What amount of storage do you require on a motorcycle?
    None

9. If you were to ride an electric motorcycle, what range would you require out of it on a single charge (to cover 95% of your riding scenarios)?
    Over 150km

10. As an electric, two-wheeled vehicle, an electric motorcycle technically does not require a motorcycle plate (although one could argue that it requires an electric bicycle plate). As such, the total on-the-road cost of the vehicle is the cost of the vehicle only i.e. no plating costs. Given this, if you were to buy an electric motorcycle which met your performance and practicality requirements, where would you set your budget?
    RMB 10 - 30K

11. If something on the electric motorcycle requires repair/replacement, would you be able and/or willing to repair/replace the component as an individual?
    Yes, able and willing

12. Any other comments/suggestions/feedback?
    I suppose biggest trouble would be the existing limitations in battery power for e-bikes, which makes already for slow e-bicycles, moreover China regulations would put any reasonably powered e-motorcycle in actual gas motorcycles registration range...

Keep us posted if u pull one out!
    Le siècle ou nous vivons est un siècle pourri. - Tout n'est que lâcheté, bassesse, - Les plus grands assassins vont aux plus grandes messes - Et sont des plus grands rois les plus grands favoris. - Hommage de l'auteur à ceux qui l'ont compris, - Et merde aux autres.
    Georges Brassens

6. #16 Re: Survey on Electric Motorcycles 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    why is this survey not using the forum's poll feature? Why not use google forms? Gathering results this way will be very difficult for you, more difficult than it should be.

http://www.google.com/google-d-s/createforms.html

I'm not in China right now, though i might come back in the future and im definitely interested in a real electric Chinabike.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12