Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 For you Americans looking to buy Lifan online 
    Just in case anyone was wondering.... If you were looking for an American Lifan bike in previous years and were looking to buy online (due to no dealer within 75km's), Moto Xtreme (aka Brian) was allowed by American Lifan to sell online, well he's gone out of business it seems, I was talking to Shawn at AL and they've got a new dealer to cover the online sales in case anyone was looking
    Shamrock Cycles

Jim,

I was looking to get a scooter for the Mrs last November and since MotoX was in Virginia I figured I'd give them a shot until I noticed they closed doors one month earlier in October. DOH!

Glad to hear there's another on-line ship available although it looks like "we Americians" still only have access to the 200GY.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

What are you looking for Carl? I know there are other bikes from other brands....

I think American Lifan is working on some new models... If I find anything out I'll let you know....

They were looking at the 250 gy 7, but they decided against it... I think they are going to be getting a new dual sport and a new sport bike, but I'm not sure that they'll be bigger displacement...

The LF150T-6 scooter looks good, or are you looking for a 50cc scooter for "the Mrs" ?

4. #4 For him 
    Master of Thump
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    What are you looking for Carl? I know there are other bikes from other brands....

I think American Lifan is working on some new models... If I find anything out I'll let you know....

They were looking at the 250 gy 7, but they decided against it... I think they are going to be getting a new dual sport and a new sport bike, but I'm not sure that they'll be bigger displacement...

The LF150T-6 scooter looks good, or are you looking for a 50cc scooter for "the Mrs" ?
    ---------------

No , Carl needs one for himself Jim !!!! Then he needs to buy one of my custom Pit-Bikes and he'll have all the toys he wants ...

Snortin

Ahh right on ;)

Actually, I'd like a 250 enduro for myself. There are some power lines out here which would be a good way to stay dirty. The Mrs. just got her learners permit so I'm finding new gray hairs every day.

I did manage to get a bike here though after I arrived which was a DR650. Farkled it a bit then decided it would be nice to have bike that's better on highways and for two-up so traded it for a Versys... which is a great bike.

That said, still looking for a trail bike and am waiting until they are available in Virginia. Aside from scooters, this place is severely underdeveloped in C-Motos.

CC

7. #7 Hey Carl 
    Master of Thump
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Actually, I'd like a 250 enduro for myself. There are some power lines out here which would be a good way to stay dirty. The Mrs. just got her learners permit so I'm finding new gray hairs every day.

I did manage to get a bike here though after I arrived which was a DR650. Farkled it a bit then decided it would be nice to have bike that's better on highways and for two-up so traded it for a Versys... which is a great bike.

That said, still looking for a trail bike and am waiting until they are available in Virginia. Aside from scooters, this place is severely underdeveloped in C-Motos.

CC
    -------------------

Hey Carl ,
    I got freinds in Virginia , beautiful country there . It is its own little country too , it is so far behind the times it cracks me up . Not in a bad way either behind , but it is way behind nonetheless . As yo noted, not much for CHina Bikes there . But most Virginians aint much for CHina in general , moral of that story .. That state is as SOuthern Redneck as they come Carl , things change slowly or don't change at all . China bikes will never grow to huge popularity there unless you get rid of all the rednecks, and that aint ever gonna happen . Especailly if they don't get thier crap together ( China ) . That's why you bought a DR anyway , right !!! Yup , fact ....I didn't say it, you did !!!! I am realist , not a pesimist Carl .

Good day , and I bet the leaves or buds are starting to pop out there !!!! Beautiful country . Not seeing where you fit in there real well though ???? Your entirely too forward thinking and nobody there could ever catch up to
    that , ever ....Good lcuk on your next move though , hee he hee , tis inevitable, better go now .

Cheers, Snortin

Carl, what about the Xingyue 400 line-up ?

Snortin, where's my insult(s) on its own thread?

SNorton'

I actually live in Northern VA which is quite unlike the rest of it's state due it's proximity to Washintoone DC. It's basically just as suburbia as any other big city.

Bottom line in this area is there's no one to buy a C-Moto from and the riding conditions here are different than China (to say the least). I'm still keeping my eye out for a decent enduro though and maybe I"ll check out the 400's... you guys know I am a little partial though.

If I do get one, I'll definitely let everyone know though!

CC