Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: ASIAWING LX450

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. #41 Re: ASIAWING LX450 
    Juice the CFMOTO and KTM deal is apparently signed and sealed, details here:
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...CFMoto-amp-KTM

I read two reviews on the Asiawing, one pretty good or OK, the other's pretty terrible: (I also test rode the bike at the factory but I don't really know much about bigger capacity dirt bikes).
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...0-Rider-Review

OK so I know that probably the bikes that KTM are offering in China are probably not exactly the one you'd want, (same with me I want the RC390 or RC690) but the prices are more reasonable than import and it's always better in my experience (ten years in China and on 4th bike) to buy a known brand bike that's made in China than a Chinese brand, because making a bad known brand bike is bad for the investors and damages the brand long term.

Please seriously consider a KTM/CFMOTO joint venture bike, and I hope the MCN community could get behind this and help you get one from the factory or through a dealer. Some of the regulars on here have connections in the CFMOTO factory.

2. #42 Re: ASIAWING LX450 
    Have you done a review of the CFMoto yet bro?

'76 Honda CB360
    '82 Honda GL500 Silverwing
    '82 Honda 750 Sabre
    '01 Loncin 150
    '07 Qianjiang QJ250-3

3. #43 Re: ASIAWING LX450 
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Dave View Post

Yep, here you go mate....
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...-650NK-blog-x2

4. #44 Re: ASIAWING LX450 
    I had a look at the LD450 in they past but hesitated after reading several reviews.
    But I like Juice's approach to take a China bike and make it better. I had this idea too, but limited space and time to do so.
    I am looking forward to see this metamorphosis.
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

5. #45 Re: ASIAWING LX450 
    Just landed back in the US, so I'm going to take the opportunity to seek out and price some Honda parts, it'll be much easier to do it from here.
    I guess my biggest concern right now is how to effectively deal with the electric starter issue, and the kick starter. I am reasonably sure that I can get a "real" starter but the unknown is will it bolt up.

The big problem (for me anyway) with being in China is getting the right parts that I need and because of the hassle of it all I dare not make a mistake.

If it works out that I go through with this project it may very well come down to the engine & the starter issue. Maybe I can source a CRF 450 engine break it down and fit it in my suitcase.
    Or,
    Maybe I can find a really cheap CRF 450 break the whole bike down and that way I'd have all the parts that I need to mix & match or do an all out swap.

By the way, does anyone know if these bike have alternators, or are they just using stators?

I'll keep you guys informed of my findings and prices
    2010 BMW R1200 GSA

6. #46 Re: ASIAWING LX450 
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuBen View Post
    I had a look at the LD450 in they past but hesitated after reading several reviews.
    But I like Juice's approach to take a China bike and make it better.
    I am looking forward to see this metamorphosis.
    For me I'm not going to moan & groan about how good the bike is or isn't, it's a Chinese bike for crying out loud, and I gotta know that there are going to be issues to deal with from the very mention of it.

The frame & engine are the most important parts and with any luck I'll change the engine too.
    2010 BMW R1200 GSA

7. #47 Re: ASIAWING LX450 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey all! What is the original size of this bikes carburator? i have heard that if you change the exhaust you should update the carb aswell. Like Mikuni TM-40-6 but what is the original size of carb in this bike?

8. #48 Re: ASIAWING LX450 
    Can't tell you the size of the carb but a carb from a Honda 06 model should fit
    2010 BMW R1200 GSA

9. #49 Re: ASIAWING LX450 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Dave View Post

Hand't seen this question/post at the time as I was away enjoying 7 weeks of riding a CB500X in Northern Thaland at the time.

FWIW, unsure if you might have stumbled on the MCM CFMoto compilation thread, mainly focused on the 650TR/TK touring model which has the same engine as the NK naked CF650, there is also the Jetmax review thread. Although if one was to browse either the street or scooter thread there are other posts & reviews on CFMoto bikes etc.

10. #50 Re: ASIAWING LX450 
    @Juice:
    How is the progress of modifying the LD450?
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast