Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: ASIAWING LX450

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. #61 Re: ASIAWING LX450 
    Quote Originally Posted by Krasi View Post
    Hm, claiming bi-polar as an excuse to goof around town.... Clever this is!

2. #62 Re: ASIAWING LX450 
    Quote Originally Posted by Krasi View Post
    Hm, claiming bi-polar as an excuse to goof around town.... Clever this is!

3. #63 Re: ASIAWING LX450 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePope View Post
    Just found this thread after I posted on an older thread about this bike. I don't know how to delete my old posts. I have the 2016 off-road model (bought second hand). I have ridden this thing HARD. I mean very hard, and several times I've crashed HARD on the pavement. I'm converting it to supermoto soon, because the dirt tracks are too far from me without having to buy a truck to transport it to them. One issue - seems to be a faulty starter which you can buy off taobao (the CRF model I presume because it says "imported"). I just can't believe the abuse this thing has taken and not fallen apart. I had my expectations much lower to be quite honest, for a China bike.

Here's a lil' video I made of me in my suburb on the outskirts of Guangzhou. And, I say some stuff on the vid that - let me put it this way - DO NOT ATTEMPT to do certain things I do or that I talk about doing in regards to law enforcement.

Skip to the ten minute mark to see me make a really stupid mistake that could have gone much worse! And let me add that this was before the lunar new year, so lesson learned! I won't be repeating the same mistakes twice! I was not paying attention and did not know that there was any obstacle below when I jumped off the steps. All I could do was give it a shot of throttle when I came upon the stuff. Another DOH! And my monologue is pretty dumb and meandering in retrospect so pay it no mind. Ah, the joys of being bi-polar, haha!
    aww. no. Casn't see the video.. even with vpn

4. #64 Re: ASIAWING LX450 
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalmonkey View Post
    aww. no. Casn't see the video.. even with vpn
    Maybe the authorities caught wind of it???

5. #65 Re: ASIAWING LX450 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    LX450 is my second Enduro from China, I received it a couple of weeks back and took it out for a spin.... In offroads it did wonders.... but had lot of vibrations in handle while on pavements..... I am unsure what top speed it can get on straight out topgear...

IMG-20180326-WA0012.jpg

6. #66 Re: ASIAWING LX450 
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    Maybe the authorities caught wind of it???
    Sorry guys, I took the vid down. I realized how idiotic I was behaving (and driving) and didn't want to bring that kind of attention to myself, let alone the fact that I have a child and don't want him ever seeing his dad act like a jackass, haha

7. #67 Re: ASIAWING LX450 
    Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    LX450 is my second Enduro from China, I received it a couple of weeks back and took it out for a spin.... In offroads it did wonders.... but had lot of vibrations in handle while on pavements..... I am unsure what top speed it can get on straight out topgear...

IMG-20180326-WA0012.jpg
    I got mine up to 160km/hr by the speedo and it still had some juice in it, although I didn't confirm by GPS.

8. #68 Re: ASIAWING LX450 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    thats freakingly high speed.... I check with GPS the KOSO meter seems to be quite accurate but above 80kmh the vibrations in handle bars is like the handle will break into two pieces any moments so i have to dethrotle it...

Also gear ratios seems to short bike asks for 6th gears... its 13X48 on Final Drive....

Quote Originally Posted by ThePope View Post
    I got mine up to 160km/hr by the speedo and it still had some juice in it, although I didn't confirm by GPS.

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    thats freakingly high speed.... I check with GPS the KOSO meter seems to be quite accurate but above 80kmh the vibrations in handle bars is like the handle will break into two pieces any moments so i have to dethrotle it...

Also gear ratios seems to short bike asks for 6th gears... its 13X48 on Final Drive....
    @vickytulla: your vibration come from the rim lock that is installed to avoid tire slipping on the rim. I know this effect from several bikes. You basically only need then when you ride with reduced tire pressure.
    If you don't do that remove them.
    BTW: it helps a lot to remove the front one only. Then try if its necessary to take out the rear one too.
    Important: close the holes in the rim with a rubber plug or duct tape from inside to avoid dirt getting in.

Sent from my GN8003 using Tapatalk
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

Quote Originally Posted by ShuBen View Post
    @vickytulla: your vibration come from the rim lock that is installed to avoid tire slipping on the rim. I know this effect from several bikes. You basically only need then when you ride with reduced tire pressure.
    If you don't do that remove them.
    BTW: it helps a lot to remove the front one only. Then try if its necessary to take out the rear one too.
    Important: close the holes in the rim with a rubber plug or duct tape from inside to avoid dirt getting in.

Alternatively you can also counter balance the rim locks

SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast