Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 ASIAWING Spark 500 (prototype) 
    ASIAWING Spark 500 (prototype)

Even though this bike is on Asiawing's website as for sale it's actually a prototype, and as such is not yet for sale. They think the bike will be ready in a few months time. The bike was very good for a Chinese made bike, and had great torque across the range, with good high end power, and although it's noticeably got a few issues to iron out such as a few vibrations, the clocks and dials and the bar position. Structurally it is a good bike with decent brakes, suspension, frame wheels and tires. It would make a great bike as a commuter or as a first bike in a western country, or a scary rocketship in China.

Front end dials area didn't work, still being worked on...

Decent looking brakes, wheels and tires.

A look at the engine...by the way they really want to put injection on this bike, but this prototype has a carb. The know they'll need it for EPA EEC etc..

Bike has a pretty butt, rear shock and exhaust.

I know that this bike has "sparked" some interest in the US since I posted the video link on chinariders, and now that Roketa teasingly shows it on their site. They probably should have stuck the 450 engine in it, but 500 has such an even sound to it...500, 500

I want it!

A 500CC bike in China, you'd be the king of the road! Looks like a good product but could use a belly pan or something to hid all the plumbing.

How would you describe the engines performance? Also, who took the video?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Carl, there's another post under industry news where I put more detail about the Spark review, this is it:

I was impressed with the Spark 500, but it was only a prototype and still being refined. Some of the delay I think is because they need a fuel injected bike to pass EEC/EPA emission standards, as yet they haven't been able to get hold of a suitable injector as yet, but there are plenty of other countries that do not have such exact emission standards, so I'm sure they will continue the development regardless. The guys seemed slightly less enthusiastic about the 500cc engine in this bike, than the 450 in the LX. I enjoyed riding the Spark and it had smooth power delivery (could have almost been a 400 parallel twin in feeling if you didn't know what kind of engine it was) for a 500 single with plenty of low-end torque and high-end power, it seemed pretty typical for its displacement and size in this regard, in no way did it feel gutless at any part of the power delivery, it wasn't as exciting as a multiple cylinder bike of the same displacement, but it is large enough for some serious fun. It seemed that Asiawing have a basically dirt bike philosophy, this I like as this keeps stupid unnecessary heavyweight bling off the bike..this attitude really good for a Chinese manufacturer, shows there is engineering thought not 'make it look pretty to sell it' attitude that is so common in the rest of the Chinese motorcycle industry.

Shenli the English-speaking guy took the video with the company driver in the car using my camera.

A belly-pan, sounds like a good idea, plastic or metal like a dirt-bike? I'll pass on the suggestion.

7. #7 EEC approval ans prize 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob Niels Thomsen's Avatar
    Anyone knows if this bike has been EEC approved yet?
    I have written to Roketa if they could give me a retail prize of this bike, but they havenīt got it yet. Anyone knows about this?

Niels,

You asking about this as a consumer, importer or distributor?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

9. #9 Thank you for the reply 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob Niels Thomsen's Avatar
    Hello CrazyCarl
    I am actually looking into the possibility of importing this model to Denmark. Here we got a 180% tax on motorcycles, so the prize in US you can multiply by 3, then you got the prize in Denmark.

This is why Chinese bikes are so interesting for the Danish marked. This bike would be able to sell very well around here, if the prize is right. The other Chinese 250 cc bikes have sold very well, but currently they are only competing with each other. People wants greater displacements now.

I just need the retail prize in order to calculate the market prize. This has of course to be substantial lower than the competitors. I here think about the Suzuki GS 500, which is sold at 13,324 $ for at 2009 model (Yes, I shit you not ) on the Danish market.

Have you got any contact with the Asia Wing factory by the way? The only infomation got, was that the model is not ECC approved yet.
    Regards
    Niels
    Copenhagen

Contact the factory yourself, Niels. I have been in contact with a guy named Shugrant Guo there, but I have not emailed for a while, so not sure if he is still there, but the factory should be easy enough.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast