Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. #31 Re: Chinese engine identification 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinckley Triple View Post
    Thanks very much for your reply: Do you have any idea of which manufacturers use the prefixes, "TZH", "IP" and "LC"?
    No idea, sorry. Human would probably know.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

2. #32 Re: Chinese engine identification 
    1p54fmi Lifan had that model # BUT maybe something else
    LC=Loncin
    TZH =http://www.cqtianzhong.cn/

3. #33 Re: Chinese engine identification 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey guys desperate need of help I just got given a pit bike in 100 pieces I'm slowly getting it back together but unsure what the engine and cylinder numbers are I've tried to go off your write up but having mega issues

I do no it's a Loncin engine though

Engine numbers are
    1P52FMI
    *12001829*

On the piston barrel it has
    PL-6
    124cm3
    JP T12

On the barrel
    LX?P HDW T1
    G
    02/E

The frame says
    QWDB08240807893
    Model number QWDB00B
    Engine type. ID54FMI
    Engine displacement 119.7
    Date. 2008.8
    WUYI QIAOWEI ELECTRICAL VEHICLE CO.LTD

the harness has lights bulbs and everything attached to it

4. #34 Re: Chinese engine identification 
    Oh man, judging by the figures you have posted, I would say that you have "small bore" horizontal with 52.4 mm bore and 55.5 mm stroke, which is, as I know, not so common combination. Majority of those so called "small bore" horizontals could be with 41.4 or 49.5 mm stroke.

So, what is problem with your engine? You need spare spare parts or....?
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

5. #35 Re: Chinese engine identification 
    C-Moto Noob
    Yeah i got it given to me and told it was a 160 engine ?? But ive striped it down and need to buy parts to get it back to together and wasnt sure were to even start with sizing etc

6. #36 Re: Chinese engine identification 
    If cylinder is worn and made of cast iron (or aluminum with thick enough sleeve), you can find piston rebuild kit and rebore cylinder. Buying a new cylinder is option too, but where to find this specific size cylinder? Only bike with 52.4 X 55.5 mm bore and stroke I know about, is "Sachs Mad Ass" 125.

Head assembly is the same one you can see on common 110 cc pit bikes, kid's ATV's, etc, so no problem there. Spare parts and whole heads are widely available.

If old bearings on the crank have big slack, you can fit new set of bearings. If it is necessary, you can also do some repair on conrod. Those 55.5 mm are pretty common stroke among so called "big bore" (125 cc and bigger) horizontals, but I don't have slightest idea are those cranks interchangeable with one on your bike.

Bottom line (IMHO): it would be good if you manage to rebuild engine with parts you already have. If not, you'll have to find new parts for "small bore" engine with 55.5 mm stroke, which is, as I realize, rare enough. Maybe you can find those parts, maybe not.

And again, if not, there is "Plan B" - you can convert your engine to standard (and common) 110 cc (107 cc, to be exact). You'll need new crank with 49,5 stroke, matching cylinder (also with 52.4 mm bore), shorter cylinder studs, cam chain with few links less, set of gaskets and... that is, pretty much - all.

If your current motor head is beyond repair, add that item to the shopping list.

Costs: maybe 100 bucks, plus up to 50 for the motor head.

7. #37 Re: Chinese engine identification 
    C-Moto Noob
    The cylinder looks pretty good after inspection today. The piston I obviously have to replace it measured up at 54mm with a 14mm gudgeon pin.

The crank looks good and the Conrod also the drive chains are also in excellent condition. I drained oil from the bike and it was black as and smelt putrid like 12yr old sump oil..

Clutch is brilliant as is head

Seals worn out so I really only need to replace gaskets and seals
    What size engine gasket set would I be best to order and are all seals the same for all sizes (sprocket,gear,Kickstarter seals)

All this info you have provided is very helpful I can't thank you enough I have been googling enderlessly for days to find anything till I came across this forum at early hours of Sunday morning

8. #38 Re: Chinese engine identification 
    14 mm pin and 54 mm bore!?

Something is not right. As Wile E. Coyote used to say - "Back to the drawing board."

Can you post some pics of your engine?

9. #39 Re: Chinese engine identification 
    C-Moto Noob
    Im confused as pulling my hair out..how do i add pics

10. #40 Re: Chinese engine identification 
    You can use forum's file hosting. After you click on blue button "Post reply" (below last post, on a left side) opens text box. You'll notice on the bottom right side three blue buttons. Click on "Go Advanced" and when this text box reloads, scroll a bit down and you'll find blue button "Manage Attachments". All the rest you'll figure out by yourself. And please be gentle to the forum's server - it will be more than enough to resize your photos to 800x600 pix.

Or you can use external photo hosting.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast