Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 MCM members gathering in Beijing 
    Last night (2009-02-17) a bunch of MCM members met at Frank's Place, Beijing's oldest Sports Bar for some beer and moto talk.

From left to right: chinabiker, Morfar, Lago888, Taimur, erwin, SabineHartmann

Andrew and his wife joined bit later, and the picture we took then is too bad to show

A look outside - some have been talking about the use of snow chains on a bike

We are thinking about making this a regular (monthly) event and hope to see some more girls and boys next time.

Cheers from the Gang
    Last edited by chinabiker; 02-24-2009 at 02:35 AM.
    Andy

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks for the pic Andy.

Was great meeting you all last night! I had no idea there was anything of an expat biking community in Beijing, so special thanks to Lago888 for the intro. Hope everyone got home safe and sound; Erwin hope the kids were asleep . I think a monthly meeting would be a great idea; sign me up.

It looks like a good time. You must have been planning on how to run the Taklimakan (sp?) Rally, or talking about what tires to put on your bikes, or about beer and Chinese politics or how sick of the snow you all are, especially as I don't see any bikes parked outside!! Then you drink some more to wash your sorrows away ....

BTW, there is no photo too bad when it involves women ....

I wish some members lived near me. There is a bar just across the border in Mexico called the Green Door that is part bar/pub, house of prostitution, 18-year-olds dance club, and a bunch more, that would make a good meeting place for motorcyclists. If I can convince Snortin' to make a move this way, we are going to start our own bar, the Snortin' Nortin, or Club 5150, and we will serve undersized, overpriced drinks to the locals, while giving MCM members discounts on drinks

Hey guys that's great! When I see a picture of you all together like that the only thing that comes to mind is "usual suspects".

I have a feeling we'll see more from Beijing crew as the weather get's better.

Keep Rockn'!
    CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Hey guys that's great! When I see a picture of you all together like that the only thing that comes to mind is "usual suspects".

I have a feeling we'll see more from Beijing crew as the weather get's better.

Keep Rockn'!
    CC
    You'll see a lot more from BJ for sure. It seems BJ has the largest community in mainland C.

Cheers

The usual suspects
    Andy