Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Your China Moto Blog... Roll Call! 
    And just got tipped for another forum AdventureRider, lots and lots and lots of peeps riding all over the world, preverably in exotic places. Fantastic pics and stories
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php

2. #12 Re: Your China Moto Blog... Roll Call! 
    Just joined the forums and loving it so far!

my blog is called Rubber on Road. It started off as a project between a friend of mine and I back home when I was going to university in Toronto and has grown a lot from there with other contributing writers. There are several long distance trips that have been documented on there including 2 cross country trips, and one in south east Australia. A European ride will hopefully be coming soon.

The China section of our motorcycle blog documents all of my experiences as I live and ride in China, currently in Beijing on my Jincheng 250cc named 麻烦 ('Mafan'). Keep an eye out for my trip to Qingdao next week over the holiday!

We also welcome and encourage guest bloggers. So if anyone would like to contribute a story of their rides in and around China (or anywhere else for that matter) we'd love if you stopped in and shot us an e-mail!
    Last edited by Bucko; 09-27-2011 at 02:56 PM. Reason: extra code added for some reason

3. #13 Re: Your China Moto Blog... Roll Call! 
    Motorcycle adventures in South America on a Chinese enduro - Shineray 250
    http://www.madaru.net/week1.html
    Last edited by madaru moto; 03-04-2014 at 07:47 PM.

4. #14 Re: Your China Moto Blog... Roll Call! 
    The tha Adventures of the Widow and the Wraith

G
    ardo's blog
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

5. #15 Re: Your China Moto Blog... Roll Call! 
    Quote Originally Posted by madaru moto View Post
    Motorcycle adventures in South America on a brand new Chinese 250
    http://www.madaru.net/week1.html
    Have you hooked up with 'oldgringo' from chinariders.net?

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...wtopic&t=12206

He has been updating us with stories of his rides on his Mavila 200cc in Peru, where he lives and rides. He also takes some fanatastic photos.

6. #16 Re: Your China Moto Blog... Roll Call! 
    C-Moto Noob
    hi, we have a situation here in Zhuhai . They are confiscating all bikes. If you get stopped they ask for your motorcycle license assuming you don't have one.
    Then they just take the bike usually with no fine. Now the question is if I have a bike license is it ok to ride. My bike is registered in Jiangmen Zhongshan. I am going to Haikou to get my license next week. I have been riding here 2 years but since 2 weeks ago when the crackdown started I have been laying low

7. #17 Re: Your China Moto Blog... Roll Call! 
    Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    hi, we have a situation here in Zhuhai . They are confiscating all bikes. If you get stopped they ask for your motorcycle license assuming you don't have one.
    Then they just take the bike usually with no fine. Now the question is if I have a bike license is it ok to ride. My bike is registered in Jiangmen Zhongshan. I am going to Haikou to get my license next week. I have been riding here 2 years but since 2 weeks ago when the crackdown started I have been laying low
    A friend of mine also recently had his bike taken away during the Zhuhai crackdown.. and now he's bought himself a car instead... way to go Govt.. get rid of the bikes and bring in the cars... Basically keep a low profile, I'm guessing they want all bikes out of Zhuhai now, just like Shenzhen, doesn't matter, licensed or not, they'll take it away if they catch you riding in the city.

8. #18 Re: Your China Moto Blog... Roll Call! 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Would it not make sense to simply ask the police what the policy is?
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

9. #19 Re: Your China Moto Blog... Roll Call! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Yes Peter bought a car . I drove the car it's nice .
    He still likes to ride. It will be interesting to see if this blows over because there are still bikes on the rode and if you didn't know the news you wouldn't see any thing different .
    I will feel more confident to ride with a license in my pocket

10. #20 Re: Your China Moto Blog... Roll Call! 
    Re: Your China Moto Blog... Roll Call!
    Hi CrazyCarl could you please check it out? http://www.caldas.com.br/30anos/motard_2012_engl.html and https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=F4596...F09CF68%211068 . Cheers from Brazil!
    Owned:1969 Yamaha YF5 50cc, 1971 Yamaha YDS7 250cc, 1977 Honda ML 125, 1980 Honda CB 400, 1985 Honda XL 125 S, 1986 Kawasaki KLR 600, 1996 Honda CBX 200 Strada, 1998 Honda C-100 Dream, 2001 Honda CBX 250 Twister, 2007 Sundown Hunter 90
    Own:2008 Sundown STX Motard 200cc, 2017 Yamaha XTZ Ténéré 250cc Blueflex

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast