Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Madass 125(120cc) 
    Possibily my new City toy....

IN Shanghai, if you have a Huko or have access to one(friend or relative) then you can use a Shanghai "blue" plate. This plate is a scooter plate issued to the HuKo holder and is to be technically used as within that persons district, but this always violated. I have such a Huko available for it seems to be the coolest "legal" bike I can get.... I like a lot of other China Motos but its just too much MaFan around using it in my city in China.

If you dont have the above then you can always plate it in other provinces the "typical WeiGuo Ren way"

BE ADVISED there are a lot of fake Sachs available in China, a lot. FYM in Guang Dong and there boutiques are the only place to get these bikes. The quality is fantastic and Sachs is one off the oldest bike companies(but the bike are completely made in China). Of course if you interested in getting one of these bikes I have ordered a "Few" to sell in my shop in Shnaghai CJ Sidecar....

Ride report to follow soon

Winston

Looks like it would be a blast to ride around on...

Very cute, but is 6.6KW and only four gears make it only a city bike. But it's lightweight and good at what it does, also it looks like it will keep leaning over to 50 degrees with those tires on it, slow speed peg and knee grind fun for hours. It would be lots of fun to use on medium sized kart track or in an empty car-park if all your mates had one too. Sachs have a quality reputation so it would probably last better than most Chinese bikes. How much are these?

Is the Sachs Express 150 also available in China?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Looks like it would be a blast to ride around on...
    Definitely a inner city bike.... I have a few Chang Jiangs for traveling and touring. But driving my CJ inside the city is hard on the bike and a pain because its a motorcycle as wide as a car so I can split lanes and often I get stuck in Shanghai's imfamous traffic..... No one likes getting stuck behind a Chinese bus in August.....

The Sachs will let me make the 10min drive to my motorcycle shop everday to go to work.... I am going to have to leave my old CJ outside of my shop and hide the Sachs in the back so customers dont know

Also the one I tested here in Shanghai wheelies like crazy.... Hen Hao Wan!!!

You should send me one for testing purposes One of the "few" you mentioned

Only kidding, but they do look like fun. I wonder if they would be legal here, probably registered as a scooter...

Very cool

Where is FYM in Guangdong?

Cheers!
    ChinaV

Is the Sachs Express 150 also available in China?
    No they only offer the madass 125(120CC), and the X road (150cc)

The Xroad is by order only and they dont seem to crazy about selling it. They used to offer a 50cc madass but the 120 replaced it all togther. Interestingly though illegal you can replace it with large displacement scooter engines for maybe 200cc madass 125.

[QUOTE=Only kidding, but they do look like fun. I wonder if they would be legal here, probably registered as a scooter...[/QUOTE]

Hey Jim,

In Shanghai the low down is this.... You can aquire a Shanghai A scooter plate with a Huko and 20,000 rmb. Its good for 8 years. At anytime you can return the plate for recycling (legally) and get back what ever the market value is at that time and in shanghai its more than likely you will get what you put into it mabye a little more or less. So really your renting a plate.

I have gone through the process with a fine tooth comb.
    When mine is ready I will be excited to ride a 100% legal bike.

The price breakdown for FYM in Shanghai(showroom), the factory is in GuangDong.... is:

9,880 rmb Bike
    20,000 rmb plate
    80 rmb annual insurance
    600 rmb service fee
    40 rmb inspection fee(annual or bi annual not quite sure)
    95 rmb road tax
    40 rmb serivce fee
    635 rmb sales tax
    10 rmb (not really sure)
    TOTAL PRICE

31,500 rmb
    Being completely legal for INNER CITY driving PRICELESS

Quote Originally Posted by Shanghaifingers View Post

Being completely legal for INNER CITY driving PRICELESS
    Careful there.
    Don't want to burst your bubble but the cops are on to the engine displacement swap deal. I heard just last week of one being confiscated due to an oversize engine.
    They may look stupid driving around with the pursuit lights on all the time but don't let the look fool you............notice they've stopped wearing white socks with the uniform ?

Nick,

This is not an engine swap. In china you are not allowed alter the vehicle from the original form. This bike is produced with a 120cc displacement engine from the factory it is not the 50cc model. They no longer produce the 50cc version. I will be using a LEGAL "big scooter" plate not a 49cc plate which is only 3000 rmb with a Hu Ko from select districts....

But thanks for the warning.

Actually this all started because I wanted to finally drive something that was truely legal for Shanghai. I have spoken with the goverment and the local police. Eventhing is above board!

I know it amazing.... but the plate is expensive....

Winston

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast