Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanghaifingers View Post
    ITS ALL SHIT..... NICK was right its an engine swap. As I went to pick up the bike I took a quick glance at my new 20,000 rmb plate book and saw the bike was offically a 50 cc. when the engine is a 125.... The made up the shit about having a lite motorcycle plate its just a F*@KIng scooter plate on a motorcycle the cant even be registered as a motorcycle do to the fact that the have swapped the engine............ I almost killed someone. In my range I called the cops to the shop the came but nothing happened.... nothing
    Waitaminute, did you actually pay all that cash (31,500 RMB!) before you found out about the "engine swap", or did you notice it beforehand?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanghaifingers View Post
    ITS ALL SHIT.....
    TIC.

Bummer.........any redress, can you get your money back or is it head cracking time?

Dude... You seem to be pretty cool about it. I'd be pissing all over their shop.

Any more updates?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

For an update.... Here's what happened..... I had not paid yet.... getting the money 3000 rmb at a time from the ATM is a job and a half, plus getting time to run around to the shop and back was difficult. So I just happened to be near the shop and decided to pop in and get a look.... for inspiration.

I knew about the swaps and things in the past so I asked to see the blue book of a customers bike that was in the shop. They had it and let me see it. I saw it was registered as a 50cc and asked what size the engine was(playing dumb) they said the changed it for a 125cc. Then all hell broke loose....

Anyway after giving them a quick yet very mild tongue lashing (i do manage a CJ shop in shanghai after all, I mean that would defineitly be calling the kettle black!)

I looked into it further, and of course its illegal and if some one ever found out I would surely loose it.....

Illegal but do able....

Long story short...... I bought a few days later.....stupid yes maybe but it is fun....

Winston

Scooterin'through Chengdu logan's Avatar
    You can buy it in Chengdu - Sichuan Province China

Not sure, They have a website for Shanghai's "Boutique" shop but like everything in China, you can just order the bike from the factory... which is in Guang Dong. Becareful of the many copies....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123