Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: HELP I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH MY BIKE!!!!!!! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    When I do manage to get it running properly it revs fine no sputters or anything, my dad seems to think there is a flat spot in the throttle but I don't believe there is cause he tried it and yeah it was pretty much like there was a flat spot, but I tried it yesterday and there was no flat spot and when it dies it will either start straight back up if I try or I'll have to leave it for a while before it'll start again

2. #22 Re: HELP I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH MY BIKE!!!!!!! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Got it started with choke up, wouldn't idle and died, switched fuel to reserve took choke off, started fine and is running fine and revs fine switched fuel back to prime and it's fine.. Wtf is wrong with it?

3. #23 Re: HELP I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH MY BIKE!!!!!!! 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Sorry mate, but it sounds like you might have to get a local mechanic to look at it. It would be good if you had a friend with the same bike, because you could swap parts around to see which, if any, are faulty ... or if it is an adjustment that is needed ... or both.

If it was running well back in August, there are a couple of things:

1) as Krasi notes, it is colder now, so your bike will behave differently; and,
    2) whatever changes you did between August and December is immediately suspect. It is not uncommon for new parts to be faulty, or the process of replacing the parts somehow knocking something else out of adjustment.

There are so many possibilities that you could be chasing your tail while we offer "Check A" ... not it? "Check B" ... not it? "Check C" and so on. Perhaps unnecessarily replacing parts along the way. An experienced mechanic should be able to quickly figure out the problem(s) on a single cylinder 125cc with the bike sitting in front of him.

My own mechanic rolls his eyes any time I tell him I did some of my own maintenance, troubleshooting &/or repairs. He claims a sizable portion of his work is fixing customers' shade-tree mechanical efforts.

Despite all this, I have a suspicion that your problem is somehow related to fuel delivery (actually, mixture delivery). Because you've R&R'd the carb a couple of times, are you certain that the mounting seal/gasket between the carb and engine is still perfect? If it isn't, it can now be sucking in outside air. A quick test is to spray carb cleaner around the joint when the bike is idling. If RPMs increase, the carb cleaner is being sucked in where it shouldn't be.

4. #24 Re: HELP I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH MY BIKE!!!!!!! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Bike is fine now! Must of been a dodgy fuel delivery because when I changed it to reserve then back to prime it started with choke off didn't sputter bog or hesitate took it out and it runs like a beauty :) one other problem is that my indicators and horn don't work but it's weird because sometimes they will just randomly start working out of the blue

5. #25 Re: HELP I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH MY BIKE!!!!!!! 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgey2013 View Post
    Bike is fine now! Must of been a dodgy fuel delivery because when I changed it to reserve then back to prime it started with choke off didn't sputter bog or hesitate took it out and it runs like a beauty :)
    Very good news. Let's hope it stays that way. Seems you might need to remove and clean the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgey2013 View Post
    one other problem is that my indicators and horn don't work but it's weird because sometimes they will just randomly start working out of the blue
    Easy - check your tire pressure.

Seriously, good luck with electrical gremlins. You need patience and a multimeter. If they are on the same circuit (and share a fuse), start by looking for corrosion/loose connections.

6. #26 Re: HELP I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH MY BIKE!!!!!!! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Ah it's no biggie actually one of my work mates is a qualified electrician I'll get him to take a look

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123