Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Qlink has added some toys 
    http://www.qlinkmotor.com/

Not sure if Qlink makes it to Canada, but they have added some interesting bikes for the US, such as the Magelli naked/full-fairing sport bikes and the motard-y looking bike. They still have the CFMoto-based Legacy and the Qingqi-based XF 200 motard/XP 200 enduro.

They added a 400cc scooter and some other scooters, but still have the popular Pegasus 150cc (is it CFMoto-based, I forget?).

The website is worth a look!

2. #2 Qlink Megelli 250 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Good site. Clear and well laid-out.
    That Megelli 250 looks the business. The weight is quoted dry as 242 lbs, (110 kg). That's remarkable for a 250 from anywhere, but specially from China. I hope they're not trying to fool us. Consider that in the manufacturers site that 110 kg is quoted for the 125 models, the only ones featured, no 250's there. It's 110 kg regardless of the model: Motard, Naked and Sports. This last one has a fairing which aparently weighs nothing. Probably made from those high-tech materials: No-bendium or unobtanium...

I assumed it was from mainland China, regardless of the Italian-sounding name, but it's made in Taiwan and engineered in Britain . Although I've never heard of it, I googled "Megelli" and loads of info comes up. The first search says it's a British company, but later on it says it's "designed in Europe".
    A quick look through the page reveals that there are dealers for them everywhere, (about 10 just in Spain), yet I've never heard of it, nor seen any ads or mention in bike magazines...

Here's the official site:

http://www.megelli.com/
    Last edited by forchetto; 02-28-2009 at 08:47 PM.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

Forchetto, thanks for the info. Qlink uses higher quality suppliers for their bikes overall, but I have never heard of Magelli. Assumed it was Chinese, although I now see the European influence/connection, thanks to the link you gave us.

The magelli.com site does not show a 250cc version of any bike. I like the look of all three models. I have a feeling that these will have some sort of cult status in the US, just as the Qingqi-based XF200 has helped spring up interest of Chinese bikes in the US with its own "cult" status.

I wonder where the 250 comes from? Obviously Magelli is building the bikes completely, including installing the engine, as I doubt Qlink has the capability, so I wonder if the same company that supplies the 125's supplies the 250's?

Another interesting thing is the MSRP for the bikes. The XF200 lost sales when the MSRP went from $2099 2 years ago, to the current price of $2799.

The Magelli is listed at $2800, and the XF is back down to $2100 . Now, the XF looks like it needs a second look by me!

First post for me.

I just picked up a XF200 today from a dealer. It's cold here but I rode it a bit anyway. I like it so far and I got a really good price on it.

Hate the looks of the headlight, though. That will be the first thing to go...

I do like the news ones, especially the Megelli 250s. I kind of wish I would have waited for that one to come out even though it's a bit more money. It's kind of funny that the website makes it look like it's going down a street without a rider.

David, where are you from? Must be the US as you are on a Qlink. Which state? What color did you get?

Look around here for all the threads on the Qingqi enduros and motards, which is the same manufacturer as the Qlink. Member 'volksjager' bought his Qlink in San Diego and started a blog site about his experiences with his bike--might be something for you to read through. He did some modifications to it.

Supermotojunkies.com has one or more threads on the XF200, too, which you might be able to find some information of use to you.

Congrats on the bike!!

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    The magelli.com site does not show a 250cc version of any bike.
    The official Megelli site says that the engine of the 125 comes from SYM, a Taiwan scooter company. I've checked and they're of course right. The same air-cooled OHC engine is fitted to SYM's XS125-K bike. However they don't have any 250 cc models in their range. You'd think that if they had developed an engine for the Megelli 250 they would shout about it...It's not just a bored out version of the 125 either. The 250 engine from the Qlink bike is different and watercooled too.

I've searched other Taiwanese makers such as SYM, KYMCO and DAELIM for that 250 engine and found nothing. Thinking logically it won't be Japanese, otherwise Qlink would be shouting about it from the rooftops, so it MUST be a Chinese engine. Question is: who makes it?.
    Last edited by forchetto; 02-28-2009 at 11:46 PM.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

Quote Originally Posted by forchetto View Post
    The 250 engine from the Qlink bike is different and watercooled too.
    Even though, as you stated, Magelli is not that well known, at least not yet, perhaps they were waiting for the right press release to introduce a 250 in Europe? I am still curious who makes the engine, too. The SYM USA site does show a 300cc and a 250cc scooter, and a 300cc ATV, but the engines aren't clear in the photo for the ATV (and the specs list a shaft-drive; sounds like one of their scooter engines), and isn't seen in the scooter, while the engine in the Magelli doesn't look like a scooter-type engine.

http://www.sym-usa.com/home.html

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    After a few more drinks and with the wife calling me to go to bed, I think I've found it. I believe the engine is Chinese, a Loncin type 170MM as fitted to this dirt bike:

Here it is in detail:

Here's the other side:

Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM110GY

Probably a good guess, if not the actual engine! The only other one that I could think of is CPI, although without looking, don't know if their 250 is water-cooled. Have a good night!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast