Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Scam advice

1. #1 Scam advice 
    Hi everybody! I want to know if any of you in China can tell me about a company call Yongkang Cooper Industry And Trading Company and there website is cn-cooper.en.alibaba.com or cn-cooper.com are a scam or real.Another one is lanmarker.com or xbuggy.en.made-in-china.com.Some site are fake and i planning something in the future but dont wanna lost my money.I hope somebody help me with this.Thanks and merry christmas to everybody!

2. #2 Re: Scam advice 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob whitworthsocket's Avatar
    Western Australia, often Udon Thani Thailand
    Hello Motoviva,
    I have not dealt with Cooper. However I have used Alibaba quite a lot and only had two problems both not big enough amounts to worry about.
    I did not check one delivery properly before giving feedback. You cant file a complaint then. The other company did not deliver in the allotted time and once again I was not quick enough to file a complaint and the company has disappeared. So 98% of my Alibaba dealings have been trouble free.
    Its hard to tell Coopers 250 dirt bike looks like one of Asia wings models. So they may only be a trading house and not make anything at all?
    Regards Whitworth
    Previous. Honda CB400-4, Ducati 860 GTS, Ducati 900SS, Yamaha TT500, Motoguzzi V50, BMW 80/7,Kawasaki KLR250, BMW 100/7.My all time favourite-BMW R80G/S.
    Current BMW K75c Vespa 150, Zundapp-Bella 200, Jawacezeta 175.

3. #3 Re: Scam advice 
    You have no legal recourse buying out of China that way, if they send you total junk then you have to sell the total junk. If you sell junk, those you sell to have recourse against you. You have to sell it "as is" making promises with sales can get you in trouble if it is really poorly made and with the prices that low they likely are very cheaply made.

Them having any reputation would be hearsay, the main issue is that of legal liability and recourse.

China the nation does not have a complaint department for what its industries sell as exports, the USA as a nation has lots of avenues of recourse for selling junk to consumers.

I believe the only way to access courts in China would be to have a legal identity there and even then it be tricky Chinese laws are....well in Chinese.