Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Different engine choices in the CQR? Shineray vs. Zongshen vs. GTY vs. CBi500 
    Quote Originally Posted by effertime View Post
    Can you explain the "passing emission" part a little further? Im not sure what this means. If the 250cc bike cannot be plated anyway, what is the purpose of passing emissions? Would there be a benefit to buying a 150cc CQR legally?

Sorry for all the newb questions... :)
    Getting it legally registered is still kind of questionable. And it won't be 100% legal. They give you a manufacturer's certificate that says the bike is a 150, but all the other numbers match on the bike. I personally never bothered with getting mine registered because it's just too cheap. Out of all the times I've been stopped, the one time they asked me papers I showed them the sales receipt and manufacturer's cert and passport. That seemed to work. Every situation is going to be different however.

ThePope

2. #12 Re: Different engine choices in the CQR? Shineray vs. Zongshen vs. GTY vs. CBi500 
    Hey if it is your intention is to ride it without plates the bike meeting regulations to be legally registered does not matter. In order to get plates it has to have an emissions certificate. The only model that has a certificate with that engine type is the Jialing version. Maybe... as I have also seen advertisement for the Jialing as a 150 certificate on a 223cc engine too. However the CBi700 engine has EFI, the problems they have selling those may be do to misinformation and distrust in the market?

If you can get away with ridding without plates then the Galaxy XTR would be the best choice of those types. Then if legality does not matter may as well buy one of the stolen black market Japanese bikes? Then again why not just steal a bike you like...if the laws do not matter? Where does it begin and end?

Problem with to many laws or too strict of laws...you end up with anarchy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12