Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 I'm New User All Around. Just a few questions.... 
    Hiya everyone!

This is my first post! :D

I've been quietly sifting through this thread ever since I found it (Amazing find) looking for information on these bikes. Everything that I've read so far around the internet has been pretty negative about these machines and their sellers, but the users on this forum have been pretty positive.

I'm really interested in getting a Chinese bike for my very first motorcycle. Ideally I would like something like the MC_D250RTC or the MC_D250RTC_B. I'm specifically looking for something lightweight with a 250cc engine (I'm a true Novice) that could be a daily commuter bike.

Are these bikes really that bad or are the guys that are riding trying to pull more out of them than they can give? Should I really be mechanically inclined? I don't know the first thing about mechanics.

I'm definitely being lured by the price and would like to take the chance. There are just so many negative reviews either on the bikes or the companies that sell them.

Links
    MC_D250RTC_B
    MC_D250RTC

Are either of these any good and reliable?

2. #2 Re: I'm New User All Around. Just a few questions.... 
    If you keep in mind they are not Hondas, Suzukis, Yamahas, or Kawasakis, and are willing and able to wrench, or know people who do, then you should consider one. There was/is a member nicknamed 'birdmove' who had been considering a Chinese bike who lives on the Big Island if memory serves me. He had done research into the costs of getting one to Hawaii, and had a few possibilities lined up. Research his posts.

3. #3 Re: I'm New User All Around. Just a few questions.... 
    Wantingtoride,

IMHO If you are not mechanically inclined then you need to buy your first bike from a trusted dealer that will service/repair it.

Find a nice used small Japanese bike or scooter to get started and then when you gain experience you can look at Chinese bikes.

A lot of shops will not work on Chinese bikes. I remember when they would not work on Japanese bikes.

If you are really interested in bikes then take a repair class at a local public educational facility.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter