Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Wanted: Genuine jing A plate motorcycle - Anything considered 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi,

I am after a genuine jing A plated motorcycle. I am relatively new to Beijing and I am keen to get on two wheels. I know that finding a genuine plated motorcycle is hard and probably expensive.

I would appreciate any advice on where to look or if anyone is selling or interested in selling.

Ideally I would prefer a trail/enduro bike but would consider anything with the proper plate. Ideally 250cc and bigger.

Thanks

Martin.

2. #2 Re: Wanted: Genuine jing A plate motorcycle - Anything considered 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Welcome Martin

You are correct - 京A plates are very hard to find, right now, and the prices are rising very fast.

I have a few A plates attached to bikes, but no trail/enduro. I have advertised my JH600 (dual sport) for 90K, but that price will be changed soon (upwards).

I also know a few people with A-plated junkers, and also paper A plates (the documentation that one gets when one scraps an A-plated bike, allowing them to get a new A plate on a new bike), but I think they are all asking more than 80K this week. A lot of annual bonuses will start being paid out, beginning on December 31st, so expect those prices to jump even higher.

PM me and I can put you in touch with an English-speaking, part-time agent, who can probably find you a decently-priced A plate, She's 100% honest. She is well-connected in the Chinese motorcycle community, and she can find paper A-plate documents. I'd guess she'd charge a commission, but the total price will almost certainly still be less than what you could find on your own, and she'll make sure all the documentation is done properly. She knows her stuff, and you can trust her.

Good luck