Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Wrenching on the TZM - Lots of Questions and Answers for other TZM 150 ppl 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Bought what appears to be a stolen TZM for 3500RMB. Now that's I've started to open things up this is what I'm immediately dealing with from initial ride breakdown inspection. If anyone wants a manual for this bike I have a PDF I downloaded from
    Bmanuals.com

THIS IS MY MAIN ISSUE ---> Need to locate a brake pad retaining bolt! Where can I find this?

*Rear Brake Pads - They are totally finished. I can't replace them because someone stripped one retaining bolt! I will manage to get it out by cutting a slot in the allen head, but I'll need to replace the bolt after!

Rusty Gas Tank - Easy fix, I'll clean it up soon enough by taking off the tank and putting a bunch of sand in it and shaking it around with a bit of distilled water. Then I'll let it try, coat with a bit of motor oil and put in new gas.

Old Rotors - This bike seems to be well used. Rotors have a lip on them from good use. I'll need to replace them soon enough.

Gas tank lock isn't the same as the ignition key (obviously swapped out) I'll have to purchase a new lock for it. This is a 35rmb fix.

I took it for a test drive. It looks like the YPVS is working as it kicks in a 6000rpm. However the acceleration at low RPMs is really bad and it kind of starts to jolt forward unsteadily until the 6k mark then it takes off. Getting through 1st gear and 2nd is intolerably slow. Here are my thoughts and I'm looking for help and or validation:

-Check and clean Power Valve as this is the most likely source of the issue.

-Check and clean carburetor, more specifically clean the pilot jet.

-Check and clean the fuel petcock (obviously with a rusty tank it is dirty).

2. #2 Re: Wrenching on the TZM - Lots of Questions and Answers for other TZM 150 ppl 
    C-Moto Noob
    I have a TZM (although I did leave it at my old apt when i moved).

I was getting parts off of taobao or at the motorbike market in putuo.
    I'd actually be interested in meeting up when I'm back in Shanghai, sounds like you can take a look at mine and give me a hand ;)
    Mine needs a few things done..

3. #3 Re: Wrenching on the TZM - Lots of Questions and Answers for other TZM 150 ppl 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    What did you get at the motorcycle market? Parts on taobao are quite readily available.

I an amassing tools for doing some good work.