Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Hello from Shanghai, Jing'An 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    New to the forum but not to Shanghai or riding.

My first motorcycle was back in San Diego California in 2004. I had a 1975 Honda GL1000. 1000cc and 800kg. I loved that bike to bits. Never wrenched on it, just my jeep!

I've been in Shanghai for 3 years and I run a brewery in Xujiahui.

I've had a couple bikes in Shanghai.

Currently I have my beat up, but legally plated Geely 150cc scooter and my new fun bike, a Yamaha TZM150 two-stroker.

I'll be fixing it up alot and hope to have it ready for some track days by next spring.
    Last edited by MC Pono; 12-27-2013 at 07:29 AM.

2. #2 Re: Hello from Shanghai, Jing'An 
    There are a bunch of guys in Beijing who race under "
    BlackBridge" a racing shop near 798....
    LMMC/LAMF

3. #3 Re: Hello from Shanghai, Jing'An 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    We have a great track out here in Shanghai by the Shanghai Circuit, no plans to take my bike to Beijing yet.

4. #4 Re: Hello from Shanghai, Jing'An 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MC Pono View Post
    We have a great track out here in Shanghai by the Shanghai Circuit, no plans to take my bike to Beijing yet.
    Which circuit, as there are two? Shanghai F1, and Shanghai TianMa - the original.

5. #5 Re: Hello from Shanghai, Jing'An 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Tianma is where I plan to ride. Don't know their open track days as of yet, but then again I'm not ready just yet for it. I need gear and some good motorcycle tuning.

6. #6 Re: Hello from Shanghai, Jing'An 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    I've been in Shanghai for 3 years and I run a brewery in Xujiahui.
    You'll fit in just fine here in MCM! Now about that brewery: You're not at Boxing Cat or The Brew, since I know the brewers there, or Dr Beer, which has been trying out brewers but isn't in Xujiahui. That leaves Shanghai Brewery (Johannes Lux?), Jiabinyan Brewery, but that's in Minhang; Papa Bierstube in Gubei; Paulaner at several locations, of course. I know I'm leaving something out. Is there a new brewery somewhere? Or are you in an industrial brewery?

welcome!
    euphonius
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

7. #7 Re: Hello from Shanghai, Jing'An 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I'm the GM of a place called 弗拉明戈 or Flamenhot Craft Beer Restaurant. It's 323 Tianyaoqiao Rd 2nd floor. Big place. We make 8 beers on tap. Any night of the week we do free flow too for 88RMB...beat that! Yes I know it's a shameless plug, but you asked for it. Come by and talk bikes if you want. I'm going to start to amass some tools for doing work the right way...with a manual and the right tools...

8. #8 Re: Hello from Shanghai, Jing'An 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by MC Pono View Post
    I'm the GM of a place called 弗拉明戈 or Flamenhot Craft Beer Restaurant. It's 323 Tianyaoqiao Rd 2nd floor. Big place. We make 8 beers on tap. Any night of the week we do free flow too for 88RMB...beat that! Yes I know it's a shameless plug, but you asked for it. Come by and talk bikes if you want. I'm going to start to amass some tools for doing work the right way...with a manual and the right tools...
    Excellent! Not far from my office. I'll certainly stop by!

When you say you "make 8 beers on tap" does this mean you brew them there, or just serve them on tap? (Either way is fine, of course.)

Did you ever, in your San Diego motorcycling days, ever attend a "tech day"? Probably not, since you said you didn't wrench back then. A good tech day includes bikes, beer, and barbecue -- and a chance to repair your bike with expert guidance. I practically rebuilt my KLR during several tech days in northern California. Great fun...

euphonius
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

9. #9 Re: Hello from Shanghai, Jing'An 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    The brewery has 8 beers that we brew directly in the restaurant. The copper mashtuns when you first enter are where are the beers start before they are piped back to the stainless steel fermenters.

I've been to tech days on military bases if that's what you mean. I grew up very very close to NAS Miramar...now MCAS Miramar and was quite involved with the military. They had a tech garage which was always backed up but essentially the same thing and a good place to hang around and see people get to use the best tools ever!

Never far from garages, tools, and people building or repairing something, but never did a proper tech day as you stated.