Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
  1. #81 Re: Zongshen RX3 report 
    Ahh yea i get that sound when my chain is loose even with the new DID chain. Its good to hear you solved yours so easily.

So now I have a terribly difficult time shifting to 2nd from first while driving. Oddly enough when parked, It takes a while to get into neutral. I have no idea what's causing this. Oil has been changed, chain tightened and no change in this or the increasing rattling sounds.

I've just passed the 10,000km mark! As far as I know, thats a new record for this model:D
    Will the Zongshen RX3 survive??http://kelleyssilkroad.blogspot.com/

2. #82 Re: Zongshen RX3 report 
    for your shifting down problem check the clutch cable adjustment.
    Maybe the clutch does not separate well.
    Or if it happened just after an oil change they may have filled wrong oil so that does cause clutch separation problems as well
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

3. #83 Re: Zongshen RX3 report 
    I'll check the cable. I haven't adjusted that in a while. You reminded me that someone once adjusted that when I complained of this problem before. Its actually not new but before I could get it up to 2nd in two or three tries. Now it takes a hundred meters or more and Its really annoying in city traffic or off road.

4. #84 Re: Zongshen RX3 report 
    C-Moto Senior
    California Scooter Company just posted at www.advrider.com. They are dringing the RX3 to the US market, and have a few they have been testing. They just posted that, the first shipment of these only, will sell for $2895.00. After those are gone, the price will go up to $3495.00. There is a thread at advrider entitled A New Thumper. For me though, living on the big island of Hawaii, first, shipping one to me would be spendy. Second, if there was a warranty problem, it could be a big problem. No dealer. One local independent repair shop, I hear, won't work on China bikes. That means, I'd be on my own. And while California Scooter Co. has a good reputation, it would be a big gamble for me.

5. #85 Re: Zongshen RX3 report 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by birdmove View Post
    California Scooter Company just posted at www.advrider.com. They are dringing the RX3 to the US market, and have a few they have been testing. They just posted that, the first shipment of these only, will sell for $2895.00. After those are gone, the price will go up to $3495.00. There is a thread at advrider entitled A New Thumper. For me though, living on the big island of Hawaii, first, shipping one to me would be spendy. Second, if there was a warranty problem, it could be a big problem. No dealer. One local independent repair shop, I hear, won't work on China bikes. That means, I'd be on my own. And while California Scooter Co. has a good reputation, it would be a big gamble for me.

Hopefully an English service manual will also soon be released!

6. #86 Re: Zongshen RX3 report 
    Im thinking about buying this moto...what do you all think...worth the purchase , regarding reliability and ride quality OR a recommendation to buy something else...
    thanks..... 250cc is good enough

7. #87 Re: Zongshen RX3 report 
    After 25,000km, I still like mine. I'm still using it and it made it to Turkey without any major issues. 250cc was definitely enough in China. In terms of ride quality, I don't feel unstable going as fast as it possibly can. No shakes or anything. The wheel bearing and a few other issues discussed here i think might be worth looking into if you decide to get it but all in all I'm happy with my choice.

8. #88 Re: Zongshen RX3 report 
    I realized I didn't write about the solutions to a couple of the problems I mentioned earlier.

The shifting problem, where it wouldn't go up to 2nd gear very easily was solved by tightening the shifter pedal...

The rear bearing problem has hopefully been solved by slightly lengthening the tube that goes around the axel and between the bearings inside the wheel.

9. #89 Re: Zongshen RX3 report 
    Quote Originally Posted by gjackson4431 View Post
    After 25,000km, I still like mine. I'm still using it and it made it to Turkey without any major issues. 250cc was definitely enough in China. In terms of ride quality, I don't feel unstable going as fast as it possibly can. No shakes or anything. The wheel bearing and a few other issues discussed here i think might be worth looking into if you decide to get it but all in all I'm happy with my choice.

thanks for the info and help.....where did you get the Japanese bearings?? and is there a way to assure the wheel is tight as you mentioned so not to have bearing problem?

10. #90 Re: Zongshen RX3 report 
    Quote Originally Posted by gjackson4431 View Post
    I realized I didn't write about the solutions to a couple of the problems I mentioned earlier.

The shifting problem, where it wouldn't go up to 2nd gear very easily was solved by tightening the shifter pedal...

The rear bearing problem has hopefully been solved by slightly lengthening the tube that goes around the axel and between the bearings inside the wheel.

how to lengthen the tube? thanks

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast