Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: Dong Fang Chooper - Springer 
    C-Moto Regular
    Just for general info. There is a vendor called banggood.com out of China that has a lot of stuff for motorcycles. It's mostly cosmetic and generic. I've ordered several times and the quality has always been good as is the service. It does come from a warehouse in China so there is the usual delay in shipping. Just do a search on their site for "motorcycle"
    Last edited by Roadkill; 04-30-2014 at 12:31 PM.

2. #22 Re: Dong Fang Chooper - Springer 
    C-Moto Regular
    So the springer arrived and I'm impressed. I noticed that the cables and brake line are very short. They look like they might be a little stressed even. Normal for both the A and B? Also, when the bars are full left or right the engine speed goes up by about 200 rpm. I am trying to figure out why this happens and tracked it to maybe binding at the fork head. Does anyone out there have this issue?
    Last edited by Roadkill; 01-17-2014 at 01:16 PM.

3. #23 Re: Dong Fang Chooper - Springer 
    C-Moto Regular
    On ebay, a vendor called Sam Power Sports (sampowersports1) is selling a P-pad for about $30 with free shipping from the US. It's the 5 1/2 X 9 model and it fits perfectly. I would never carry a passenger on this or any other bike. However, it is a great looking cosmetic addition. It's supposed to be removable, but I can't get it to stick. I'm going to use tape to mount it. SKU is 180141A. I don't have a picture of it mounted and I can't post a link, but it's worth hunting down.

4. #24 Re: Dong Fang Chooper - Springer 
    C-Moto Regular
    This has become pretty much a dead thread, but I've found a "racing CDI" that seems to have made a big difference in the power curve and also reduce some of the mid and upper range popping I was experiencing. This is a combination package with both coil and CDI, but I wasn't impressed with the coil and ordered one from another vendor. The CDI features no rev limiter which doesn't matter much cause I think it would be hard to hit the stock limiter under normal operating conditions. It does have a 4 degree advance that has made a big difference in my application. That advance has not caused any starting kickback. Here is the address: http://www.ebay.com/itm/250908061794...84.m1439.l2649

The coil arrived today. Plug and Play just like the CDI. I spent maybe 20 min installing both and am very pleased with the difference. I didn't notice much at the low end which is as I expected, but mid range right through her max is very much improved. Here is the link for the coil:http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Perform...item2338aad229
    Last edited by Roadkill; 05-03-2014 at 05:34 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123