Yeeeehaaaaaw, I'm going back to China.
This time it's Shanghai, after I used to live in Beijing for several years. I will arrive in 2-3 weeks.
So I have a question about getting a proper D license:

My story so far:
I only hold a foreign car license. So when I lived in BJ, I went to the Laoshan driving school and did my Chinese D license.
Naive as I was I assumed I could just transfer my car license at the same time while taking the computer test. But the friendly lady at the DMV told me that I could only get one at a time - motorcycle OR car - then wait for one year to get the other.
At that time I was not in the financial situation to afford a car, so I opted for the motorcycle D license. Took the weird tests and lived happily for one year.
After waiting 12 months I came back to the DMV asking to transfer my foreign car license into my existing Chinese license. The same lady told me then that a Chinese DL can only be issued ONCE and that I could only add new vehicle classes by passing the exam in a driving school. Transferring a foreign license would mean issuing a Chinese license.

As you can imagine I was outraged. But I had no choice, the Baoan gentleman was already standing next to me, as I voicefully questioned the logic of a Chinese regulation once again... So I called two driving schools to learn that they charged foreigners around 8K for the car license. Anyhow, as I needed the car license soon, that was not really an option. The lady came up with the solution: she could cancel my Chinese D license, then take my application for transferring my foreign car license. After one year I should go back to Laoshan and do the D license again. This way I would "only" lose 2K - the price of the D license at that time.
So, that's what I did. She stamped the papers and handed them to me: "恭喜你"

Then after another year I went back to my home country, as I changed my job and received a 10 month training in my new company's headquarter, before they'll send me to SH next month. That means, I couldn't do the D license then.
Now I am coming back to China and I am eager to ride again.

And here are my questions:
1. My current C1 license has been issued in Beijing. After I now move to Shanghai, can I go to a driving school there and add the D license? That being me having a proper (new) residence permit, working permit, police registration AND NEW PASSPORT. Or do I have to do that in BJ? If so, do I have to have a police registration (居留证) from BJ or is SH ok? I could go to BJ 3-4 times (registration at school, computer test, road test first day, road test exam day), but i don't want to rent an apartment there.

2. If I can do the whole process in SH - as I hope - which driving school offers motorcycle licenses (D preferred) and takes foreigners? (Name and address would be splendid.)

3. Is there anything else that I should know in this situation?

Thanks everyone for your help! :)