Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Paintball marker suggestions??? 
    About 10 years ago I used to practice with some local paintball tourney teams. Started with a Bushmaster pump and then finally got an Automag.

Well for some reason, I've got an itch to get back into the field and have found that the gun technology has changed A LOT. I'm looking to spend maybe 300 bucks on a set up (can go second hand as well) which I'd like to have an N2 setup. Looking for opinions, suggestions and experiences on a primary marker and a backup for friends and the little lady.

So far I'm thinking a second hand Proto Matrix Rail and a standard Spyder with aftermarket barrel. Anything I'm missing?

Thanks!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

2. #2 I know this is no help, 
    Master of Thump
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    About 10 years ago I used to practice with some local paintball tourney teams. Started with a Bushmaster pump and then finally got an Automag.

Well for some reason, I've got an itch to get back into the field and have found that the gun technology has changed A LOT. I'm looking to spend maybe 300 bucks on a set up (can go second hand as well) which I'd like to have an N2 setup. Looking for opinions, suggestions and experiences on a primary marker and a backup for friends and the little lady.

So far I'm thinking a second hand Proto Matrix Rail and a standard Spyder with aftermarket barrel. Anything I'm missing?

Thanks!

CC
    ------------------------------

Yes, your missing a .50 Cal BMG . ( that's Browing Machine Gun for you LAME-mens ) ............
    I can guarentee you'll win every paint ball match you enter if you have this gun !!!

Sorry Carl , can't help myself , I am just wrong and should be exterminated before I breed .

Never tried paintball , looks like fun , but I don't need another addiction !!!!!

How's things anyway in Vaginira ? Spring is upon you I hope, it sure is here,
    starting to get pretty , Morel mushroom season should be in a month too !!!

Dater lays, Snortin out

Paintball is good fun. We went last weekend and I'm still recovering my tired ol' bones. Lost of diving into bunkers, squatting and crawling going on. I've found the guns now are rated to shoot between 25-30 ball per second! They call is shooting "ropes" since it's like a stream of balls. I can't imagine shooting that fast or having enough money to burn through paint like that.

I ended up with a second hand 2008 Proto Matrix Rail in excellent condtion. Got a motorized hopper (ball feeder), aftermarket barrel, N2 tank, some cheap RealTree and was off! Seriously good time and you get to see the stuff people are made of out there.

Returned with many welt, bruises and muscle aches. I'm going to go again probably next weekend!

CC
    Attached Images

I tried paintball once, had great fun, but never went back for no particular reason. It was the comraderie of the big group of friends, that never got back together again, I guess.

5. #5 Sounds like too much fun 
    Master of Thump
    Paintball is good fun. We went last weekend and I'm still recovering my tired ol' bones. Lost of diving into bunkers, squatting and crawling going on. I've found the guns now are rated to shoot between 25-30 ball per second! They call is shooting "ropes" since it's like a stream of balls. I can't imagine shooting that fast or having enough money to burn through paint like that.

I ended up with a second hand 2008 Proto Matrix Rail in excellent condtion. Got a motorized hopper (ball feeder), aftermarket barrel, N2 tank, some cheap RealTree and was off! Seriously good time and you get to see the stuff people are made of out there.

Returned with many welt, bruises and muscle aches. I'm going to go again probably next weekend!

CC

----------------

Sounds like too much fun !!!! Another addiction for Carl , hmmm ?
    Sounds like your gun is a little on the Badd ASS side of life Carl . I guess if your gonna go , GO BIG !!! Aftermarket Barrel ? Is it rifled ??? How many FPS are we talking with the cansiter you got . Is it FPS tuneable like a PCP air rifle ???
    Make sure you bring twenty more of those to shoot Simon with in Fiji after I win the Lotto .

Good piccy too , looks like smiles all around , painfull bruised ones ...

Later, Snortin

ps....You do realize your an official Hill Billy from VA now right !!!

Over ten years ago I put almost all of my savings into a pball gun setup which at that time cost me over 1000 bucks. The gun I got not only cost me 200 second hand but is clearly a much better performer. Almost all the stuff I got recently was second hand except for the mask and a new solid stainless steel barrel which should be coming next week!

Hey, if I wanted to contract you to make a set of grips for me, what would I need to provide?

Paz,
    CC

7. #7 Ummm? 
    Master of Thump
    Over ten years ago I put almost all of my savings into a pball gun setup which at that time cost me over 1000 bucks. The gun I got not only cost me 200 second hand but is clearly a much better performer. Almost all the stuff I got recently was second hand except for the mask and a new solid stainless steel barrel which should be coming next week!

Hey, if I wanted to contract you to make a set of grips for me, what would I need to provide?

Paz,
    CC
    ----------

Ummm , probably the ones that are on it at least I would need Carl , and to know what mods you wanted , finger grooves , etc ...
    I got a supplier of exotic woods here local and can get any wood you so desire .
    Let me know more of what you really had in mind with them on a PM if your serious enough to take that leep of quality into your sport . I would be more than happy to grip you up .

Snortin

Was looking up some custom grip designs and see some real beautiful stocks like "Iron Wood". Wow is that pretty but some of the exotic woods are mad expensive!

What kinds of wood are affordable and what would you say your production capacity is?

CC

9. #9 Carl 
    Master of Thump
    Was looking up some custom grip designs and see some real beautiful stocks like "Iron Wood". Wow is that pretty but some of the exotic woods are mad expensive!

What kinds of wood are affordable and what would you say your production capacity is?

CC
    --------------------

Carl , pistol grip wood is cheap no matter how expensive the wood is , it is only a peice of wood a few inches big , so that aint really the issue honestly .
    Finding a chunk withthat kind of figure inthe picture,w ellt hat's another issue all in its own . Sometimes I buy four feet of wood just to make sure I get that nice chunk out of it because the nice peice is in the center of the board I am looking at . Figured Maple runs about $7.95 a square foot by one inch thick . Burmeise Teak is about $27.99 a square foot by 1" thick . Nothing is cheaper than $5.00 , and nothing is more expensive than $50 , and $50 being Ebony Wood . They do not stock Iron Wood in the shop , but I can get anything I want from them .
    I can certainly send you a price list and what they do have in stock Carl . I have one handy I beleive, my gal just went there today for her Jewelry box wood she is crafting . What a gal !!!
    What you need to do is find a wood on the internet you really like , and I can see if they have it or can get it .
    I recomend nothing tooo heavy becasue it adds weight to the gun Carl .
    I like Black Walnut allot, or Figured Maples , but Purple Heart or Bloodwood is very cool too . Lacewood is awsome too , the list goes on and on Carl . They stock 43 different woods at all times Carl .

As far as production goes, allIc an offer you is a set of grips for you and yours , as I have no time for other peoples stuff Carl, I have too much of my own as it is . This is not a money maker for me Carl, this is my Passion , my art, my freinds and family are the only lucky mothers to ever get any of my stuff, and I don't charge them , you either . All I ask is you buy the wood, the finish and sandpaper , and any shipping costs .
    I am not interestted in any production anything , I have done that, played the game ,done it for real as a bussiness and can't stand it . It takes the love out of it , money ruins everyhting . Plus people are freekin cheap and want my work for next to free and I aint cheap . But I am free

What style of grips are they, liek the picture ???? 1911 Colt style are those, is that what were looking at here to build ? Peice of cake !!!!

Here's my dilema Carl, i curretnly ahve four guns I am working on of my own simultaniously . Am I busy , yup . Plus I work, plus I study , plus I ride , and I got to eat and drink coffee too all at the same time !!!!!

Matter of fact I have to go sand a gun stock right now , then eat Peach Pie and drink more coffee ...But, I will make time for you, but only you and yours .

Snortin

Carl

I play a lot of paintball.I would recommend a Tippman A5 or a BT marker if you want a well rounded marker for under 300$.You can upgrade either as you need be to siut your style of play.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast