Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Did you die ? 
    Master of Thump
    Well Carl , you either died , or your next entreprenour adventure of getting me to make you rich off paintball grips for your customers halted when I told you I am not into production ...

Here's a set of grips that you will like the wood, would look cool on a paintball gun too . This is Exotic Zebra Wood with 100 coats of finish . Smithsonian quality gun grips ..Look how well I fit wood to metal on this Colt , pretty sweet huh . Yeh no shit !!!!

Bad part of the production plan is I charge at least $200 or more for a set of grips , and that is a bargain . There aint no money it for me, after labor especailly . Do you realize how long it takes to do a pair of grips ??? Fastest I have ever made a set just to get ready for finish to be applied is five hours . Most take 10 to 20 hours without finish on them . Finish takes another 10 hours minimum per set . Then there is finish cost , which is over $35 with sand paper too . I shoot no less than 50 coats of finish on my grips, most get between 75 and 100 , hand sanded between most coats too .
    $200 divided by my cheapest rate I work for at $25 hourly , is rediculously cheap if I actualy charged for all hours spent , like 15.00 an hour or much less ? Screw that !!!! There is a minimum of time involved,which is at least 15 hours per set . Do the math on that even at $15 hourly ? That is why I dont do it for a
    living , and I am smart enough to know that there aint anyone smart enough to take advantage of my talent either without me catching them trying it . I am Pollish , but so was Einstien !!!! LOL !!!

Snortin out

God damn Snortin, why you gotta be crushin' my paintball grip empire dreamz! I didn't know how much work is involved in making grips and figured you just sat on a rocking chain on your porch chewing on a straw, whittlin' wood and whistlin' the hours away then VOILA! SUPER PHATTY GRIPNESS.

200 bucks is pretty expensive though... how much for just one grip? And how many one grips can you produce in a weekly output?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #13 I told you so 
    Master of Thump
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    God damn Snortin, why you gotta be crushin' my paintball grip empire dreamz! I didn't know how much work is involved in making grips and figured you just sat on a rocking chain on your porch chewing on a straw, whittlin' wood and whistlin' the hours away then VOILA! SUPER PHATTY GRIPNESS.

200 bucks is pretty expensive though... how much for just one grip? And how many one grips can you produce in a weekly output?

CC
    -------------

See Crazy Carl , I told you so , even you the wealthiest man on earth thinks $200 is expensive ..............
    That is why I don't do it for a living anymore. I can't afford to work for free . How about you ???
    Oh , and one grip models run $300 , because it makes me use only my left hand I can do upside down grip panels for $400 each though . Backwards is even higher ...
    Revolver grips are the hardest to do Carl , they take allot of time, and no mistakes or you start over. After 10 to 20 hours of working , make one mistake and who pays for it ? Me . Not good ....
    Hell , if I actually considered myself an artist ( which I do ) I would charge what I think I am really worth for a set of grips ..You don;t even want to know that price
    Most of my Rifle Stocks I make from blanks take me weeks of labor , some months even Carl . How do you put a price on it ???? Nobody would ever pay it . Just the wood alone for a rifle is over $200 to start with. This is asport for Kings and people with King money . People who really wna tmy work don;t ask me a price , because they can afford me .
    I couldn't even pay what its worth .
    Let me know if you want a free pair though , that I will do for you , and only you , for your gun only .

Kelly

PS....$200 is not expensive , you just think it is . Allot of my grips are worth more than my guns , my rifle stocks are worth three times as much as my guns . It is art , useable art . Some hang Picasso's , I hang my guns on the wall . Do the math on these two cases of my guns ( I have many more cases Carl ) with all revolvers in my custom grips at $200 ( some are grips are worth at least $500 just in labor Carl ) , and you'll understand ART and how there is NO REAL PRICE
    Not just understanding the mathematics of money , but the mathematics of ART too Carl . My guns and work are priceless , too me .
    Need is say more , this is my ART , my passion , and that is why I don't and won't and can't charge YOU one dime .

You should see my Safe/Vault Crazy Carl !!!!! But then I would have to Wax ya for knowing too much about my art .

Later, now go buy some $50 rubber grips that came out of a mold .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12