Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 My new QJiang 250-J 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I got my new bike, a QJiang 250-J. Here are pics. After riding a Chinese 125 for several years, I'm pleased with the change so far. The fuel injected 2 cylinder is much easier to start on cold mornings and the Harley style seating position give a much more comfortable ride. I would like a bit more power, but I have more than I had and don't have much opportunity to use more. I'm also becoming the first foriegner to get a DL and tag for a vehicle in Shangqiu, Henan. After trying to do it my self and getting the typical "it can't be done" I went back with a friend with real influence and at least got the name of the office that could do it. I'll post more on that front later.
    20131214_101512_2.jpg20131214_101812.jpg20131216_091336.jpg20131220_155352.jpg

2. #2 Re: My new QJiang 250-J 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Nice little cruiser. Looks like fun. What on earth brings you to Shangqiu, Henan? I bet that little red number in the background cost less than your Qianjiang! Looks like a one and a half seater; fat people need not apply.

Looking forward to reading more about the QJiang 250 and what you do with it. Check and double-check every nut and bolt; chances are many won't be torqued and none will have Loc-tite or other thread glue.

Ride safely.
    euphonius
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #3 Re: My new QJiang 250-J 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    The little red electric car is 5,000 less than the bike. I'm a teacher and Shangqiu is paying well for the cost of living. I have a doctorate and there are not many foreigners here. That makes me both exotic and well paid. Even my pool cue says Lanny bosher. The shop manager is really going out of his way to make sure everything is right. He spe3aks no English and takes great pride in calling me his friend. He helped with maintaining my old bike. His honesty and helpful attitude were big reasons I spent my money with him.