Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 JH 600 for sale 12k 
    **THIS BIKE HAS BEEN SOLD**

My 2008 JH600 is for sale, it has around 10k on the clock (I need to go out to my shed to check the exact number) and you can read all about it here:

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...and+hand+JH600

I'm selling it because I have tried and failed to register it. I've been going down legitimate routes through some policemen friends I have, and the problem is when they put the details into the computer the bike doesn't exist. It's just too old - why the original owner didn't register it at the time is beyond me! I have found dodgy ways of registering it and having the correct photo and engine numbers but the blue book would say it's a 125 so it obviously wouldn't stand close scrutiny. All of this wouldn't be a problem but I'm planning a trip to Tibet this year and if there's a province in China where you have to have your shit together it's Tibet! So I'm gonna buy a brand new one and register it myself but that's another story...

I paid 12k originally and have hardly ridden it, all I've done is sort out...

new front master cylinder
    new rear tyre
    repaired cosmetic damage
    new phone charging system
    new brake pads
    welded up exhaust system to stop backfire (it has an after market 'laser' exhaust which wasn't installed properly)

It does have a couple of problems however...

There is a drain on the battery - this is only an issue if you leave it for more than a few days without riding it. When I park it in my shed I just disconnect the terminal and it's fine. I think it may be a bad earth but electronics mystify me and I never dealt with the problem.

The first guy who changed the oil stripped the threads, what a f@$#tard! It has thread tape on the the drain nut now and doesn't leak. It has some fancy pantcy oil in it that's good for another few thousand kilometres.

So the bike is in overall much better condition and I think it's a steal at 12k for someone who doesn't mind fake plate or who has a sneaky way of registering it.

BTW I'm flying home next week, I'll be back on January 23rd.
    Last edited by futianshenzhen; 03-06-2014 at 03:04 PM.

2. #2 Re: JH 600 for sale 12k 
    BTW It has all the sales documents, certificates and payment details, all in the name of the 'Jean-Marc' the French guy who originally bought it BUT no fapiao

IMAG0805 (1).jpg

IMAG0805 (1).jpg
    Last edited by futianshenzhen; 01-08-2014 at 05:53 AM.

Banned
    You grabbed my interest but seeing it's not legal I really can't do a thing
    Also have plans to ride in Tibet etc
    Are the issues the same for rego in all provinces? I'm in Shandong etc

4. #4 Re: JH 600 for sale 12k 
    Quote Originally Posted by NZBrakelathes View Post
    You grabbed my interest but seeing it's not legal I really can't do a thing
    Also have plans to ride in Tibet etc
    Are the issues the same for rego in all provinces? I'm in Shandong etc
    I've no idea to be honest. I'd ask around and see what people say, I tried in Guangdong and Guangxi and failed but that doesn't mean to say it's impossible in other provinces. It may come down to how much guangxi you have, I clearly don't have enough!

Also, I was going through legitimate channels, if you know someone who can do it in a semi legitimate way than that may be the best bet.
    Last edited by futianshenzhen; 01-10-2014 at 05:24 AM.