Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Howdi from Australia 
    C-Moto Noob
    Howdi all,I'm looking for some reviews on the cfmoto 150 leader-well that's what its called over here in oz.Cost is $2799aud on road for the 2013 model 6 speed water cooled. I own many old jap bikes and I'm pretty good with tools(carpenter by trade/backyard mechanics by night) and I'm looking for a chinese moto for commuting purposes only

I have also been looking into the Honda cb125e.I want something that i can get parts easily for.Any opinions/input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,Stu

2. #2 Re: Howdi from Australia 
    C-Moto Regular
    Welcome to the forum.

3. #3 Re: Howdi from Australia 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Chinese parts are easily come across now considering that chinese bikes are literally taking over the rode over here where I live in good 'ol England, i see about 3 every time I commute to work. But Chinese bike parts are easily findable, personally I use chinese motorcycle parts online. Cheap and fast shipping.

4. #4 Re: Howdi from Australia 
    @ThatGuyLiam, seriously you see that many I maybe see 3 in 3 days, and that's with allot of shops nearby selling them but saying that it is winter so allot of people have giving until spring again or it could be I'm not paying that much attention to small capacity bikes anymore as I used to.

@Stu the CFmoto looks a good bike may have more go to it than the Honda the motor in the CF looks like a GS125 engine converted to LC like CG engines converted to LC, I guess have a good look around both bikes and make a decision also what is the proce difference if the Honda is only a little bit more I would go Honda, I have a 23 year old Honda still going strong and will still top out 140mph its only 400cc as well.

Kennon

5. #5 Re: Howdi from Australia 
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubanger View Post
    Howdi all,I'm looking for some reviews on the cfmoto 150 leader-well that's what its called over here in oz.Cost is $2799aud on road for the 2013 model 6 speed water cooled. I own many old jap bikes and I'm pretty good with tools(carpenter by trade/backyard mechanics by night) and I'm looking for a chinese moto for commuting purposes only

I have also been looking into the Honda cb125e.I want something that i can get parts easily for.Any opinions/input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,Stu
    Hi Stu,
    How's it going? Have you gotten the bike yet?
    Ride like the wind but stay safe.
    1976 Suzuki B120
    1984 Honda NH125 Lead
    1986 Honda CX Euro
    1988 Yamaha FZ750

6. #6 Re: Howdi from Australia 
    C-Moto Regular
    Hi Stu and welcome mate.
    Here in Perth I know 2 of the many bike trainers well and one uses a CB125 Honda and the other a CFMoto 150 leader , I have ridden both and if it was my money I would grab the Leader , nothing wrong with the Honda but the FMoto is better to ride , more power by quite a bit , about the same weight and very nicely finished , looks way better to my eye ( sportier ) than the little CB ,
    These both get a hard life being ridden daily by many 'ham fisted' learners and the Leader is going strong after a year or so now , the owner is more than happy ,he also uses an un-restricted 650nk for his 'R' licenses students , where the CB owner used a 700cc Honda .

I think these are an awesome commuter bike , sporty , great price and fit and finish please let us know what you decide .

Brian.

7. #7 Re: Howdi from Australia 

8. #8 Re: Howdi from Australia 
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanerds View Post
    Hi Stu and welcome mate.
    Here in Perth I know 2 of the many bike trainers well and one uses a CB125 Honda and the other a CFMoto 150 leader , I have ridden both and if it was my money I would grab the Leader , nothing wrong with the Honda but the FMoto is better to ride , more power by quite a bit , about the same weight and very nicely finished , looks way better to my eye ( sportier ) than the little CB ,
    These both get a hard life being ridden daily by many 'ham fisted' learners and the Leader is going strong after a year or so now , the owner is more than happy ,he also uses an un-restricted 650nk for his 'R' licenses students , where the CB owner used a 700cc Honda .

I think these are an awesome commuter bike , sporty , great price and fit and finish please let us know what you decide .

Brian.
    Nonsense!
    I've owned about 4 Hondas including a Chinese Sundiro Honda CBF150 and three Japanese ones. I also own a CFMOTO 650NK. I can tell you all Hondas are far better put together than any CFMOTO, maybe the basic 125cc Hondas are a tad more conservative in appearance, but that's the only area where they lack.

9. #9 Re: Howdi from Australia 
    C-Moto Regular
    OUCH !!!MATE easy on there , your opinion is noted !!! so please respect mine !! , I have ridden most makes of bikes over 30 plus years , Harleys , Nortons , Triumphs , Kawasakis , Suzukies , Hondas , , many more so please old mate pull your head in , the CFMoto 150 I rode is a world class bike as is my 650nk .
    geez man settle .
    Brian.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Nonsense!
    I've owned about 4 Hondas including a Chinese Sundiro Honda CBF150 and three Japanese ones. I also own a CFMOTO 650NK. I can tell you all Hondas are far better put together than any CFMOTO, maybe the basic 125cc Hondas are a tad more conservative in appearance, but that's the only area where they lack.

10. #10 Re: Howdi from Australia 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
    HMMM ? seems to be a dead link ????
    Brian.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast