Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Howdi from Australia 
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanerds View Post
    OUCH !!!MATE easy on there , your opinion is noted !!! so please respect mine !! , I have ridden most makes of bikes over 30 plus years , Harleys , Nortons , Triumphs , Kawasakis , Suzukies , Hondas , , many more so please old mate pull your head in , the CFMoto 150 I rode is a world class bike as is my 650nk .
    geez man settle .
    Brian.
    Maybe I should have been nicer with my introduction, but please try actually basing an opinion on facts and reports rather than hopes and wishes. I've been reading about the CFMOTO 650NK for the last three years from multiple sources and I own one, lets just say reviews and opinions are mixed, by no means terrible, but really they are not up with Japanese bikes......yet.

Read my review.
    Last edited by ZMC888; 06-22-2015 at 01:50 PM.

2. #12 Re: Howdi from Australia 
    Not all Jap bikes are equal with bikes made in Indonesia, Thailand and so on, a lot built in Brazil in the 90's everyone knew the 2 stroke Jap bikes had to be the Italian built of Japanese built ones as the Brazilian ones would go bang quicker and rust a lot quicker.
    Comparing a new Honda to my 25 year old one you can see how far the quality has dropped since then my bike is not mint but at the same time it fairs a lot better than a new bike will.

A brand name doesn't always means it'll be up to Fireblade quality of build.
    2009-2011 Yamaha Jog RR
    2011-2013 Rieju Marathon Pro SM
    2013- Honda VFR 400R NC30

3. #13 Re: Howdi from Australia 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennon View Post
    Not all Jap bikes are equal with bikes made in Indonesia, Thailand and so on, a lot built in Brazil in the 90's everyone knew the 2 stroke Jap bikes had to be the Italian built of Japanese built ones as the Brazilian ones would go bang quicker and rust a lot quicker.
    Comparing a new Honda to my 25 year old one you can see how far the quality has dropped since then my bike is not mint but at the same time it fairs a lot better than a new bike will.

A brand name doesn't always means it'll be up to Fireblade quality of build.
    That's perfectly true, quality has dropped a little, but it does vary between bikes and manufacture locations. Still I had a Chinese Sundiro Honda CBF150 from 2007 and it was way better built than my 2013 CFMOTO 650NK. Better parts, assembly, fit, finish and reliability.

Of course we all want a new bike to be a great machine, but you need a dose of reality especially if you are buying a Chinese non-joint venture bike. Of course if you test rode a CFMOTO 650NK around the block and then a CB500 around the block you could easily prefer the NK, that doesn't mean that a Chinese company is really ever going to match a Honda long term at the moment. Benelli and CFMOTO could easily be up there with a Thai made bike, but maybe after another 5-10 years.

4. #14 Re: Howdi from Australia 
    OUCH !!!MATE easy on there , your opinion is noted !!! so please respect mine !! , I have ridden most makes of bikes over 30 plus years , Harleys , Nortons , Triumphs , Kawasakis , Suzukies , Hondas , , many more so please old mate pull your head in , the CFMoto 150 I rode is a world class bike as is my 650nk .
    geez man settle .
    Brian.
    Hi Beanerds
    To say that CF is world class ? is truly a over statement IMO ??? good yes , not bad yes but world Class NO. Did you watch the TT last week was it not the CF that broke down on the first lap ??? in the lightweight race ???

I have 2 CF

1. 650TR
    2. 250 Jetlux

Both bikes has had issues from new to many problems to list
    Now my Honda CRF 250L made in Thailand is world class bike in its category and good value for the money it cost
    So I think ZMC888 comments was fair and one should respects someone's view who knows what he is talking about IMO
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #15 Re: Howdi from Australia 
    C-Moto Regular
    well you must have got ones made on Friday or Monday LOL ,,, mine has done 7k hard km's and not missed a beat , I cant say that about a few friends Honda'a and Yamahas that have had major melt downs after only 1-2000 kms , its just luck of the draw , as they say if it has 'Tits or Tyres' it will give you grief , sorry about your woes but it seems we here in Australia have better bikes and way better after sales service , well we do where I live any way .

Oh yes I see Honda has just recalled 10,000's of their 'Made in Japan; cars ,,,Hmmmmm? food for thought ?.

Brian.
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Hi Beanerds
    To say that CF is world class ? is truly a over statement IMO ??? good yes , not bad yes but world Class NO. Did you watch the TT last week was it not the CF that broke down on the first lap ??? in the lightweight race ???

I have 2 CF

1. 650TR
    2. 250 Jetlux

Both bikes has had issues from new to many problems to list
    Now my Honda CRF 250L made in Thailand is world class bike in its category and good value for the money it cost
    So I think ZMC888 comments was fair and one should respects someone's view who knows what he is talking about IMO

6. #16 Re: Howdi from Australia 
    well you must have got ones made on Friday or Monday LOL ,,, mine has done 7k hard km's and not missed a beat , I cant say that about a few friends Honda'a and Yamahas that have had major melt downs after only 1-2000 kms , its just luck of the draw , as they say if it has 'Tits or Tyres' it will give you grief , sorry about your woes but it seems we here in Australia have better bikes and way better after sales service , well we do where I live any way .

Oh yes I see Honda has just recalled 10,000's of their 'Made in Japan; cars ,,,Hmmmmm? food for thought ?.

Brian.
    Nice one Brain
    I am sure your CF will be fine mainly because all export bike are manufactured on a totally different assembly line to the domestic bikes and better parts are fitted !!! True fact !!

Good on Honda to recall the cars at lest there was on the ball to inform the customer of a problem !
    I am sure if CF was so upfront then 1000s of CF bikes would be recalled as well

If you get time. Goggle search " CF Moto leaky petrol fuel tanks in the USA"

Now had you said I have done 70.000 km hard riding and the bike has not missed a beat !! Then I would of been impressed
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

7. #17 Re: Howdi from Australia 

Brian.
    So everyone else that has owned a CFMOTO that we've heard about on these forums over the last 5 years has either a Monday or Friday bike except for you? Or could it be that you are just lucky?......thus far......touch wood.

I've known lots of people who sound like you, I hope you're not one of them, not just for motorcycles but for bicycles.

Dude buys bike, sings its praises from the highest rooftop to anyone who'll listen, is blind to the niggles and small problems other people have had with the bike. Then their bike develops an issue, sometimes due even to user error, bad luck or some other reason. Sometimes the problem is serious, other times it's a tiny niggle or irritation, then overnight they switch from being a 5 star rating lover to a 1 star hater.

8. #18 Re: Howdi from Australia 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    So everyone else that has owned a CFMOTO that we've heard about on these forums over the last 5 years has either a Monday or Friday bike except for you? Or could it be that you are just lucky?......thus far......touch wood.

I've known lots of people who sound like you, I hope you're not one of them, not just for motorcycles but for bicycles.

Dude buys bike, sings its praises from the highest rooftop to anyone who'll listen, is blind to the niggles and small problems other people have had with the bike. Then their bike develops an issue, sometimes due even to user error, bad luck or some other reason. Sometimes the problem is serious, other times it's a tiny niggle or irritation, then overnight they switch from being a 5 star rating lover to a 1 star
    hater.
    I am sure he means well Lewis... Didn't like to say I done over 7000km in a week before on a bike so for me 7k don't mean dick shit

9. #19 Re: Howdi from Australia 
    Greetings from Down Under!

My CFMoto 650TK/TR has done over 13,000 km and is due for its 12,000 km service soon (next week likely). In the time I have the bike, it has the following issues:
    - Radiator fan did not work. Damn got me stranded on a traffic jam. The temp gauge is handy. Traced it to a loose or broken fuse.
    - The 12V external socket did not work. No trace of power by the dealer. Replaced the whole thing.
    - Loose/missing dampener near the exhaust. Replaced by dealer.
    - Bent seat mounting catch. Dealer may have put it back improperly during last service. Dealer to get a look and claim warranty.

Other than that have not missed a beat. So far all have been QC issues. Overally build quality is good but not outstanding.
    I have installed the following:
    - Heated grips
    - Weather proof smartphone holder with own independent charging
    - Taller factory screen
    - MRA X-creen Touring on top of the taller screen
    - Longer factory leg stand (to be installed on its next service)
    - LED headlights on low and high beam with its own ballast. Difference is night and day.

I ride the bike daily for commute and it has been great apart from the issues.

Last edited by DavidC; 06-23-2015 at 06:57 AM.
    Ride like the wind but stay safe.
    1976 Suzuki B120
    1984 Honda NH125 Lead
    1986 Honda CX Euro
    1988 Yamaha FZ750

10. #20 Re: Howdi from Australia 
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    Greetings from Down Under!

My CFMoto 650TK/TR has done over 13,000 km and is due for its 12,000 km service soon (next week likely). In the time I have the bike, it has the following issues:
    - Radiator fan did not work. Damn got me stranded on a traffic jam. The temp gauge is handy. Traced it to a loose or broken fuse.
    - The 12V external socket did not work. No trace of power by the dealer. Replaced the whole thing.
    - Loose/missing dampener near the exhaust. Replaced by dealer.
    - Bent seat mounting catch. Dealer may have put it back improperly during last service. Dealer to get a look and claim warranty.

Other than that have not missed a beat. So far all have been QC issues. Overally build quality is good but not outstanding.
    I have installed the following:
    - Heated grips
    - Weather proof smartphone holder with own independent charging
    - Taller factory screen
    - MRA X-creen Touring on top of the taller screen
    - Longer factory leg stand (to be installed on its next service)

I ride the bike daily for commute and it has been great apart from the issues.

These are fair issues Dave so your bike was built on a Tuesday !!

Would you class the CF as a "World Class bike" !!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast