Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: Howdi from Australia 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    These are fair issues Dave so your bike was built on a Tuesday !!

Would you class the CF as a "World Class bike" !!!
    So a Tuesday built bike is better than Monday or Friday? I guess so.

World class bike? Depends on the definition of world class. It can be as good as those Japanese bikes assembled in Asian countries like Thailand, Malaysia, India etc. As good as Japanese built bikes, probably still have some way to go though it has most of the good fundamentals already. Minor stuff like QC issues, better design, parts and workmanship still brings it down. If this is export quality, I shudder to think how it is with local market version. The headlights are a major gripe with me. My 1986 Honda CX has better light throw than the teeny H8 bulbs they put in. For a touring bike, this is like a big oversight. The LED upgrade I installed have put things back in order and I can see clearly now the roads ahead. Good thing too the LED bulb is just 32W item vs the standard 35W halogen H8.

The panniers additional latches are good thing but the placement was where some pressure are being exerted forcing the them to pop out. So back to the drawing board. The LCD display is not too accurate. The clock runs faster as time goes by and the fuel gauge is not so accurate.
    I like the bike but it does have some niggling issues that keep it peg down from being a world class bike.
    Ride like the wind but stay safe.
    1976 Suzuki B120
    1984 Honda NH125 Lead
    1986 Honda CX Euro
    1988 Yamaha FZ750

2. #22 Re: Howdi from Australia 
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    So a Tuesday built bike is better than Monday or Friday? I guess so.

World class bike? Depends on the definition of world class. It can be as good as those Japanese bikes assembled in Asian countries like Thailand, Malaysia, India etc. As good as Japanese built bikes, probably still have some way to go though it has most of the good fundamentals already. Minor stuff like QC issues, better design, parts and workmanship still brings it down. If this is export quality, I shudder to think how it is with local market version. The headlights are a major gripe with me. My 1986 Honda CX has better light throw than the teeny H8 bulbs they put in. For a touring bike, this is like a big oversight. The LED upgrade I installed have put things back in order and I can see clearly now the roads ahead. Good thing too the LED bulb is just 32W item vs the standard 35W halogen H8.

The panniers additional latches are good thing but the placement was where some pressure are being exerted forcing the them to pop out. So back to the drawing board. The LCD display is not too accurate. The clock runs faster as time goes by and the fuel gauge is not so accurate.
    I like the bike but it does have some niggling issues that keep it peg down from being a world class bike.
    Good replie Dave all very good points but if I may disagree on 1 point !! And that is Thailand made bikes !!
    I have one and I have rode about 5 different models and makes and I just don't mean a test ride and IMO the bikes made in Thailand are by far ahead of Chinese made bikes by a long way Dave but that's just IMO mate
    And a better deal let's say a CF 650NK price to a Honda CBR 500
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #23 Re: Howdi from Australia 
    C-Moto Regular
    Hmmm 7k a week , so that's 2 services ??? your service provider must really love you ??? or you deep pockets ,,, come on give me a break ,
    or ? ,,,
    ,,, maybe that's why you had problems ... Lack of services ? that will do it to a Rolls Royce .

Brian .
    ps. ,,, loving this .
    I am sure he means well Lewis... Didn't like to say I done over 7000km in a week before on a bike so for me 7k don't mean dick shit

4. #24 Re: Howdi from Australia 
    Qu
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanerds View Post
    Hmmm 7k a week , so that's 2 services ??? your service provider must really love you ??? or you deep pockets ,,, come on give me a break ,
    or ? ,,,
    ,,, maybe that's why you had problems ... Lack of services ? that will do it to a Rolls Royce .

Brian .
    ps. ,,, loving this .
    Thanks for the tip about servicing I need to send CF a email now and tell them I got it all wrong and there bikes are not that bad after all !
    The nice thing about owning a Chinese bike in China is the servicing is very very cheap so one does not need deep pockets.

Ps loving it more the you!
    Last edited by prince666; 06-23-2015 at 01:46 PM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #25 Re: Howdi from Australia 
    Good replie Dave all very good points but if I may disagree on 1 point !! And that is Thailand made bikes !!
    I have one and I have rode about 5 different models and makes and I just don't mean a test ride and IMO the bikes made in Thailand are by far ahead of Chinese made bikes by a long way Dave but that's just IMO mate
    And a better deal let's say a CF 650NK price to a Honda CBR 500
    Well said though my experience is with export model of Chinese bike so it may be as good as the Thai built bikes but certainly the best Thai built Japanese bikes will be better as it is designed by the Japanese and it is just assembled in Thailand or other main Asian countries.
    Ride like the wind but stay safe.
    1976 Suzuki B120
    1984 Honda NH125 Lead
    1986 Honda CX Euro
    1988 Yamaha FZ750

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123