Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Jialing JH600B in Germany 
    Hello dear Friends of the JH600,
    I wanted to say Hello and point to the growing popularity of the JH600 in Europe, particulary in Germany.

Bart Sanders from motorwerk.nl is importing the Bikes for good two years now, and a community is forming... and growing.

Information about the JH600 is rare, and the best source has been this forum. So many thanks to everyone who contributed here at mychinamoto.com!

Starting this year we have an own Jialing JH600B forum, although it's in German (sorry about that). But I'm happy to answer & translate all questions should the need arise.

But enough text for now, I'll add a few pictures to show you how the chinese bikes drive on european soil. They drive... beautifully!

For starters, a picture from the European Sidecar Rally, the biggest sidecar Meeting in Europe, held annually.

I took advantage of some flooded streets in summer, and had some wet fun.

Touring through the South German Landscape seems to be just the right place for the JH600.

Lush forests offer nice offroad paths. It's always good to have an alternative to regular streets.

But I personally have the most fun on snow. The Jialing did very well on the slippery cold roads.

Last image shows one of the german dealers Alois Löw who shows what the bike is capable of. He was grinning all the way.

Greetings from Germany,
    Klaus
    www.gespann.de - Some stuff about Sidecar Bikes and my Jialing JH600B - in German only, sorry, and Google translates it funny.

2. #2 Re: Jialing JH600B in Germany 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Your pictures tell great story! thanks for sharing. Im really surprised that our old jialing is conquering Europe and it started in Germany, the home of precision and perfection ;) Im really courious how much do they sell for and if there have been and mechanical problems with them on this forum you mentioned. Its not that Im planing to buy one but I like to know things hah
    oh and one more thing....how easy/difficult is it to detach the sidecar?

3. #3 Re: Jialing JH600B in Germany 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Great pics, thanks Klaus! It is nice to learn that the JH600 is making its mark in Europe.

I have owned both the 2-wheel and the 3-wheeled JH600 and found them to be great bikes for what they are, and within their price range. The original series' EFI had stalling problems, but that has been completely eliminated.

The JH600B (sidecar version) was a lot of fun, and far superior to the other Chinese sidecar (the CJ750) in virtually every respect. Aside from the EFI, the only issues I had with the JH600B sidecar were:

1) The main fuse blew out, once;
    2) The sidecar brake pads seemed to wear quicker than expected;
    3) The Kenda tires were very durable, but not good in wet pavement conditions (although fine in mud); and,
    4) The sidecar bucket was somewhat spartan.

The JH600B dealer in Beijing has customized a few sidecars and one of his nicer modifications was to add a leather BMW 5 Series front passenger seat (heated), inside side panels and floor carpeting. If I still owned my Jialing sidecar, I would do the same. Actually, if my future plans were to stay in China, I would purchase another Jialing JH600B sidecar - having that sidecar is such a bonus when traveling. It holds an immense amount of "stuff."

@modron - the sidecar does not detach, at all, because some parts of the frame attachment are permanently welded.

4. #4 Re: Jialing JH600B in Germany 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Thanks for the info LJH, I guess thats why they call them JH600 A and B

5. #5 Re: Jialing JH600B in Germany 
    C-Moto Guru
    @ Modron, just wanted to point out that it started in Netherlands instead of Germany. It's a Dutch guy who is importing the bikes to EU ;)

Furthermore, I'll fly to Europe (Netherlands) end of next month for holiday. And could offer the bring any JH600 parts that are neither too big or too heavy to fit in a suitcase, I normally have a rather empty suitcase when flying from China to Europe (return is a different story :p).
    Kawasaki Versys 650
    Shineray X2

6. #6 Re: Jialing JH600B in Germany 
    Thanks for the firendly replies everyone!
    I agree with Lao Jia Hou - the sidecar isn't exaclty a luxury vessel. But leaves room for own improvement...
    The Kenda tires have a great look, but a mediocre grip.
    Some owners here immediately switch to other tire manufacturers. I personally like the Kendas, because they last for many many kilometers. (The price I pay is the slipping on wet streets.)

@modron - the A just means it's the second generation of the bike with an improved ECU which eliminated the stalling issue.
    B stands for the sidecar version. (In german: sidecar = Beiwagen, I guess that's why they chose the letter B )
    So we are actually driving the JH 600 A - B

@Barry: That's a nice offer - the way from Jilaing HQ to Europe is a long one - maybe we can use some quicker possibility for urgently needed spare parts. I'll keep that in mind.

People driving the same type of motorbike - on both sides of the globe - and exchanging their experience with the bike.
    I really like these "modern" times.

Cheers,
    Klaus
    www.gespann.de - Some stuff about Sidecar Bikes and my Jialing JH600B - in German only, sorry, and Google translates it funny.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    @ Modron, just wanted to point out that it started in Netherlands instead of Germany. It's a Dutch guy who is importing the bikes to EU ;)

Furthermore, I'll fly to Europe (Netherlands) end of next month for holiday. And could offer the bring any JH600 parts that are neither too big or too heavy to fit in a suitcase, I normally have a rather empty suitcase when flying from China to Europe (return is a different story :p).

I'm Dutch and have a Dutch bank lol
    Might start done trading back to NL! Lol

8. #8 Re: Jialing JH600B in Germany 
    So the rig is ECC approved? Why not EPA? Might sell well in the USA as a lower price alternate to the Ural.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

9. #9 Re: Jialing JH600B in Germany 
    I do believe these would sell decently in the US as three-wheelers vs. the two wheelers they had when the bike was first introduced. But, like pretty much every other bike, these companies have to rely on importers picking them up vs. companies distributing themselves. If no one has the capital or drive (or vision) then we can only 'hope' or speculate when, or if, they will make it to our part of the world (like you, I am in the US). Jialing hasn't bothered to get them EPA certified, while Dong Fang or TMEC gets their bikes certified, ironically.