Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Looking for a Chinese Quad 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi, I am new to this forum but new to motorsports or riding motorcycles. I am looking at several 250cc quads. One is the Jet-Moto 250 and the other is the Vbike 250cc. Both are about the same looking

Here is the Vbike
    http://www.vbike.us/index.php?page=s...s=&pz=&scid=37

And the Jet-Moto
    http://www.jetmotousa.com/view_atv.htm?pid=2548805

As you can see there is quite a difference in price. The features and displacement are the same however.

Are there any recommendations any one can make? Or should I just keep riding my Honda ATC 200M...LOL

The Jetmoto would have the better quality, and have an extensive parts and aftermarket supply. They are pretty easy to get hold of at the headquarters, too.

Vbike will be slightly lower quality, but if you aren't going hard on the bike, it should do ok. Vbike is a good company to deal with--I think Tim is the main guy or owner, and he is a straight forward character.

If you want a stronger bike, and are willing to pay a little more, then the Jetmoto is the one to get. If you are starting out, and not planning on all-out racing (you wouldn't want to do that with the Jetmoto, either), the Vbike should be allright.

C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    The Jetmoto would have the better quality, and have an extensive parts and aftermarket supply. They are pretty easy to get hold of at the headquarters, too.

Vbike will be slightly lower quality, but if you aren't going hard on the bike, it should do ok. Vbike is a good company to deal with--I think Tim is the main guy or owner, and he is a straight forward character.

If you want a stronger bike, and are willing to pay a little more, then the Jetmoto is the one to get. If you are starting out, and not planning on all-out racing (you wouldn't want to do that with the Jetmoto, either), the Vbike should be allright.
    So you think the Vbike is of lesser quality? From the pics they look about the same. Although you really cant tell anything from pictures. I have a third option of buying a 1997 Suzuki 160cc quad for $500. It has a 2000 model year motor in it but, it is going to need tires, a battery, some plastics and a lot of TLC. Everything works on it and I actually test rode it last week. I am just not sure I if lower price will offest the cost having to buy other stuff for it.

I just have this perverse fetish for Chinese made motorcycles and atv's.

Or should I just keep riding my Honda ATC 200M...LOL

I don't won't to be a party pooper but I'd keep riding the Honda and save up for a bigger Honda! The difference in power between a 200cc Honda and a Chinese 250 will be err nothing!

Saga canada has some awsome deals on quads right now.

250cc Mid-sized Saga
    reg. $2899 SALE 1/2 PRICE

110cc Saga
    reg. $1699 SALE 1/2 PRICE

125cc Race Bike
    reg. $1199 SALE 1/2 PRICE

250cc Full-sized Saga
    reg. $3499 SALE 1/2 PRICE

90cc Saga
    reg. $1249 SALE 1/2 PRICE

50cc Kids Bike
    reg. $749 SALE 1/2 PRICE