Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Pulsse adrenaline top end rebuild help? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey everyone has anyone ever had to rebuild the top end of a pulse adrenaline engine? essentially a Suzuki gs125 engine... I have new piston rings new gaskets for top end but just have no idea where I need to start. any help would be great.

Many thanks
    Jordan.

2. #2 Re: Pulsse adrenaline top end rebuild help? 
    C-Moto Guru
    I have had to do this a couple of times and it is fairly easy. It would be of great help to you if you bought the Haynes manual for Chinese 125cc motorcycles as it contains a step-by-step guide on how to do this including photos.

Before you start you will need and good socket and spanner set or at least 10mm, 12mm, 13mm, 14mm and 17mm spanner and socket (it's better to have a full set however). You will also need a feeler gague to do the valve clearences, some RTV silicone sealant, a rubber mallet, some needle nose pliers, some spare engine oil, a large hex key (not sure which size) to remove the round cover on the left side of the engine and a torque wrench (that will do 10 and 20 NM) is good to have so you don't have to worry about over-tightening the cylinder head nuts.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

3. #3 Re: Pulsse adrenaline top end rebuild help? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    nice one i had the manual and tools at hand rebuilt over the course of the day fired up first time just hope its resolved my problems

Cheers mate :)

4. #4 Re: Pulsse adrenaline top end rebuild help? 
    C-Moto Guru
    That's good to hear that you got it sorted. What problems were you having anyway?
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

5. #5 Re: Pulsse adrenaline top end rebuild help? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Cheers mate :).. well tons if im honest... base gasket, head gasket, piston rings oil filter.. i bought the bike knowing it will be a bitch to fix up the previous owner ragged the life out of it... its a 2011 and looks like a 30 year old bike.. first i opened all the engine up to find copious amounts of mastic.. not gasket sealant like mastic as if it has come out of a mastic nozzle clear silicone everywhere used as a gasket the engine had none i found tons of rounded off bolts inside the engine which was a mess to get out. but cleaned all off the insides wiped down and all put back together with the gaskets and a light dab of gasket sealant around the gaskets, replaced piston rings which were worn to hell and back but was shocked to find the barrel was in very very good condition so good i reckon it was a new barrel. i think the previous owner tried a rebuild replaced barrel and not rings and masticed the lot back together and failed epic.. took a good hole day/ into the night to correct it but put all back together and she fired up first time idling like a dream and to top of a hard days work.. she ran out of fuel :( lol

6. #6 Re: Pulsse adrenaline top end rebuild help? 
    C-Moto Guru
    Nice one, I'm glad to hear that you got it sorted, just remember to let the piston rings break in before you start red lining it ;)

7. #7 Re: Pulsse adrenaline top end rebuild help? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    cheers mate and haha off course dont want to kill it just yet :') how many miles you reckon for a good break in?

8. #8 Re: Pulsse adrenaline top end rebuild help? 
    C-Moto Guru
    I think it's 600 miles / 1000 km but when I break in my engine I just avoid extended periods of high RPMs for the first 200km or so which probably isn't the best thing to do but no harm has come of it yet.

9. #9 Re: Pulsse adrenaline top end rebuild help? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    cool stuff then dude thanks for the help :) i got to take the front wheel to shop i got a new rim dirt cheap as the one on the bike is bucked like mad how much you reckon it would cost to change tire over from one rim to another? of the bike also

10. #10 Re: Pulsse adrenaline top end rebuild help? 
    C-Moto Guru
    My mechanic charges me £10 for that service if I take the wheel to him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast