Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Paddock stand bobbins 650TK/TR 
    C-Moto Regular
    I have never used paddock stand bobbins before. Looking around at the various YouTube videos it seems that bikes have per drilled and threaded holes in frame.

Unless i have missed the obvious, I can't see how I can install them on the 650tr can't see any ore drilled and tapped holes.

How can I install paddock stand bobbins on the 650tr?

Thanks

2. #2 Re: Paddock stand bobbins 650TK/TR 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    They are there. it is a lug under the arm. Threaded ready for a bobbin. with my paddock stand I found the handle too ehort and it was too heavy to lift us8ng the bobbins so I use the L padded bracket that came with the stand because it lifts from ghe end of the arms giving more leverage. So I got the bobbins but dont use them anyway.
    If you haven't grown up by the time you are 40, you don't have to!

3. #3 Re: Paddock stand bobbins 650TK/TR 
    Well they are there on my NK, look at the end of the swing-arm near the rear sprocket area.

4. #4 Re: Paddock stand bobbins 650TK/TR 
    C-Moto Regular
    Well, checked again..... 100%.... I don't have any on my bike... Very bizarre!!!

5. #5 Re: Paddock stand bobbins 650TK/TR 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    They are there... the lugs which are a pre-threaded small tube - welded onto the underside of the swingarm not far from the rear axle, on the RHS the small tube racing stand mounting points that the "bobbins" fit into is very very close to the end of the standard exhaust end-can.. Check again. All the 650NK's and TR's have the mounting points. The beauty is that the mounting points (tubes) are pre-threaded and therefore no nuts are needed. Check out this link (post number 3) that shows the "bobbins" located on the NK swingarm

And to assit you... check this pic where I've added an arrow to the mounting points where the "bobbins" need to be mounted...

cf650 muffler-2.jpg

Now the thing is that the 2014 model 650NKs and TR's have a slightly longer OEM muffler which may obscure the mounting lugs, as the standard exhaust end cap and the mounts were very close as it was with the standard (and shorter) OEM muffler which I've since fitted an aftermarket muffler. Take a look at my muffler upgrade thread, as some of the photos I've posted clearly show the mounts...
    Here's one of the photos, with the mounts and "bobbins" identified with an arrow...

650tr_muffler_16.jpg

I'd post some close up photos of the mounting points, but I'm away riding round the greater Northwestern areas of Thailand, on a very capable CB500X riding lots of offroad (including single and 4x4 tracks which the CB500X handles well given the Pirelli Scorpion Trail tyres which are more road biased) - the perfect bike for PRC riding IMO.

Bonus with the CB500X is that a taller screen and centre stand are optional extras, and the friggin display includes not one but two tripmeters and a couple of average fuel consumption options, clock and whole lot more... yep... hard to compare the Chinese products to well designed, engineered and crafted Japanese ones... <sigh>

Right back on topic
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 01-28-2014 at 09:06 AM.

6. #6 Re: Paddock stand bobbins 650TK/TR 
    C-Moto Regular
    Here are a couple of pics
    20140128_093729_resized.jpg20140128_093747_resized.jpg
    Attached Images
    Last edited by 650TR Rider; 01-28-2014 at 10:10 AM. Reason: will repost with pics correctly orientated

7. #7 Re: Paddock stand bobbins 650TK/TR 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    ^That's interesting. When I look closely at the photos I can't quite make it out, but it does look like there are a couple of holes or similar at about the point where the mounting points would be on the underside of the swingarm. Not sure what they are since they are hard to identify from your posted photos 650TR Rider?

Irrespective yours is the first CF650 I've seen without the ability to fit the race stand "bobbins" due to the lack of mounting point lugs/tubes. I'm left wondering if this is an item dropped from either "export" or the new "2014" models, or a combination thereof?

I'll check out some other photos and see what I can determine. If I was in PRC (currently riding a CB500X in Thailand), I'd call CFMoto and ask...
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 01-29-2014 at 03:27 PM.

8. #8 Re: Paddock stand bobbins 650TK/TR 
    C-Moto Regular
    Thanks bikerdoc.. Interesting as you say... it could just be that it got through the final check at factory without them spotting it... now that would be interesting... if they are supposed to be there and its a manufacturing defect ... I will discuss with dealership... it maybe that they will have to replace the bike. ..

9. #9 Re: Paddock stand bobbins 650TK/TR 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    They are there... the lugs which are a pre-threaded small tube - welded onto the underside of the swingarm not far from the rear axle, on the RHS the small tube racing stand mounting points that the "bobbins" fit into is very very close to the end of the standard exhaust end-can.. Check again. All the 650NK's and TR's have the mounting points. The beauty is that the mounting points (tubes) are pre-threaded and therefore no nuts are needed. Check out this link (post number 3) that shows the "bobbins" located on the NK swingarm

And to assit you... check this pic where I've added an arrow to the mounting points where the "bobbins" need to be mounted...

cf650 muffler-2.jpg

Now the thing is that the 2014 model 650NKs and TR's have a slightly longer OEM muffler which may obscure the mounting lugs, as the standard exhaust end cap and the mounts were very close as it was with the standard (and shorter) OEM muffler which I've since fitted an aftermarket muffler. Take a look at my muffler upgrade thread, as some of the photos I've posted clearly show the mounts...
    Here's one of the photos, with the mounts and "bobbins" identified with an arrow...

650tr_muffler_16.jpg

I'd post some close up photos of the mounting points, but I'm away riding round the greater Northwestern areas of Thailand, on a very capable CB500X riding lots of offroad (including single and 4x4 tracks which the CB500X handles well given the Pirelli Scorpion Trail tyres which are more road biased) - the perfect bike for PRC riding IMO.

Bonus with the CB500X is that a taller screen and centre stand are optional extras, and the friggin display includes not one but two tripmeters and a couple of average fuel consumption options, clock and whole lot more... yep... hard to compare the Chinese products to well designed, engineered and crafted Japanese ones... <sigh>

Right back on topic
    Where did you get that lovely red top box?

10. #10 Re: Paddock stand bobbins 650TK/TR 
    C-Moto Regular
    Hi BigPhil,

thanks for for taking the time to post your comments. I sold the 650TR a long time ago having too may problems with it. It's a real shame as I did like the bike. And now in UK I believe they are available for around £3,600 on the road new... That's £2000 less than I paid for it in 2014, which, if they have ironed out the problems is great value for money. I Now ride a 2015/16 Triumph Tiger 800 XRX. The 800 XRX is in a different league, granted its considerbly more expensive, but what a great bike worth every penny ������������������

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast