Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Lets plan a ride for july after the long weekend(ish) and go up into the alpine above Nicholson on up Mt 7 ect.

I see the Kawi Serrow go by my place all the time,I'll check with him.

2. #22 pictures 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    here are some photos of my trip to lesser slave lake in northern alberta a few weeks ago in may.
    Attached Images

3. #23 this weeks much warmer trip 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    this week my dog and i rode to the okanagon to walk the kettle valley railway trestles , the railway is now closed but been turned into a hikeing bikeing route , within 14 klm there are many trestles and tunnels to see and walk through and over . i then returned on the ferry near nelson , the worlds longest free ferry ride . very hot weather , nice camping spots and crystal clear lakes to swim in
    Attached Images

Here are some photos from riding up in the Golden BC area.Most of these shots are from 1500-1800 meter above sea level.

My Saga motorcycle runs perfect anywhere I go and no lack of torque on the climbs up.
    Attached Images

Nothing but the best riding here.The extra dry weather this year is nice for riding.
    The center photo is a great shot of our town of Golden with the Columbia river and Kicking horse river meeting at the right hand corner.
    Attached Images

6. #26 mount 7 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    i also rode up mount 7 a couple of weeks ago also , then last week to the gorman lake trail head . i will keep an eye out for the saga
    Attached Images

Yes Gorman trail head is next on my list.Up the beaver foot might be a good ride also.

8. #28 beaverfoot 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    i went up beaverfoot in june , marion lake is quite nice with a good little dock . nice clear water and deep enough at the dock to swim with out touching bottom . you can actually do a loop ride after the lake and come back on the otherside of the kooteney river . there is a bridge . my map didnt show it but you can see it on google earth . yesterday i went looking for canyon lake up the canyonlake road but there are so many roads i didnt know the one to take . i gave up because it was hot and my dog was getting a bit overheated . he doesnt do well on the bike in this little heatwave we are haveng

Man, you guys sure know how to make a guy feel like being out west.

Beautiful stuff and thanks for the pics.

CC

P.S. - I didn't know the ferry ride from Nelson to Naskusp was the longest free ferry ride in the world but it sure is a nice cruise. I met some very good folks on that ferry. A guys on that ferry told me it was free because it was part of a financial settlement the US made with Canada when the US damned the Columbia River.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

10. #30 free 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Man, you guys sure know how to make a guy feel like being out west.

Beautiful stuff and thanks for the pics.

CC

P.S. - I didn't know the ferry ride from Nelson to Naskusp was the longest free ferry ride in the world but it sure is a nice cruise. I met some very good folks on that ferry. A guys on that ferry told me it was free because it was part of a financial settlement the US made with Canada when the US damned the Columbia River.
    im not positive its the longest , just what i was told once when in the line up . the road from the ferry to creston is fantastic for a bike . there is also a great shortcut road that goes from near the ferry to kimberly . its called grey creek forest service road and is a good short cut . but doesnt open untill summer as there is a snow covered mountain pass to go over . the ferry at nakusp is a different ferry that goes to revelstoke

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast