Greetings!

I am a newcomer to the motorcycle world, as I have always loved them from afar, but never got too much into the culture and the mechanics until recently. I decided that since I would be new to riding, I would start out on a simple beginner type bike, and go from there later on. I had my eyes on a few models of "china bikes", and found this forum when doing background research on them. I know you fine people here probably get asked a veritable plethora of stupid questions, and possibly even a dusting of educated ones, so I hoped to cultivate a resource for an informed purchase down the road, and a place to share tech-tips, mods, and other info!

The bikes I'm currently looking at are fairly standard:

Sport Bikes:
JinLun JL250P-2
DONG FANG MC-D250RTC
Roketa MC-113

Cruiser Bikes:
Dong Fang D250RTD Streak
Lifan 250F V-Twin

Any input would be greatly appreciated, as I have found videos, articles, and other publications on these bikes, but rarely mature, honest reviews of the bikes. The comments on videos are less than helpful, as the internet motorcycle trolls pipe up who've never owned one, but "totally had a friend who has one and it sucked and burst into flames and blah, blah, blah".

Thanks in advance!