Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Pulse Adrenaline loud vibrating sound? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi guys,

I've had my Pulse for about 6 months now and noticed a very loud (and annoying), buzzing/vibrating sound coming from around the dash area, it only does it in high rpm's, any suggestions on what might have caused this how to get rid or reduce this sound?

Cheers,

Jackidoo

2. #2 Re: Pulse Adrenaline loud vibrating sound? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Exact same problem with mine just took the headlight and stuff off and had a look but can't find any indication of what's vibrating definitely something in the dash just no idea what and it's horribly annoying and no one has an answer it seems

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I had this on a sinnis vista. The speedo cable had snapped. Yet it still appeared to work perfectly fine. It drove me mad. I took the cable off and pulled gentlly on the inner cable low and behold the bottom came out and the top stayed where it was. Once the cable was off I could see where a small section had rubbed. Water must of got in and weakened it.
    Sinnis Vista, K157fmi. Koso electric speedos, rewired with English wire wiring loom including H.I.D headlight and a cigarette charger. 150cc big bore kit. 30mm mikuni carb with k&n filter. Bored out inlet manifold and 230cc cam. 110 main jet and 17/46 sprocket configuration.

4. #4 Re: Pulse Adrenaline loud vibrating sound? 
    C-Moto Noob
    So I found out what it was and I'm dead annoyed, I took the headlight off, the speedo off, I checked the speedo cable I took the fork fairings off I checked that every bolt was tight and they were and it turns out there's play/wobble in the front brake caliper, and yet all the bolts are tight so I took it off and it's like held on by some weird rubber stoppers which is causing the play, the bolts fix it to the forks but I presume these rubber pieces are to stop vibrations and it's not working and it's really winding me up don't even wanna ride it it's that loud, and could possibly be dangerous I mean it's held in place safely but play in your brake caliper must reduce stopping power so I'm gonna ring the dealer today see if it's covered under warranty