Related to this thread
http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...nd-Trip-Yunnan
I will now share the complete Ride Report with you. Since im still travelling I can't promise regular updates. We experienced so much during the 3 weeks that it just takes a lot of time writing it down and selection pictures. I hope you will enjoy my Impressions and Pictures!

By the way - it turns out that the slowest part of doing this report is uploading the images. That's partly because off the slow free Wifis im using, but it's also because all (western) filehosters I know are slow in China in general. Does anyone know a hoster easily/quickly accessable from China? Until then I'll have to compress the pictures to lower resolution & lower quality...

Epilog

Before we started our Tour in Yunnan we first went to the very cold nord-east of China to spend a day in Harbin. We travelled from Beijing by Train with an overnight train and arrived at ~7am. After we finally found our apartment building and figured out that the friendly lady tried to explain us we could get into our rooms only after noon but could leave our luggage with her we first had a little bit of Chinese breakfast.

After that we decided to take a stroll through down to pass time till noon. With enough clothes the freezing temperatures were almost ok!

The apartment itself was surprisingly huge, which made up for the interesting taste in furnishing.

My bed.

And my reaction to my bed.

Next on the list was the Siberian Tiger Park. Impressive animals and really worth seeing. The way the tigers always walk around right next to the fences shows that the big area is still not huge enough for animals like that though.

Yep, you can spend 60 RMB on feeding the tigers live chickens. Or all other kind of stuff up to a whole cow.

And a chinese guy did.

In the evening we visited the Ice Festival. Perfect Timing because it was close to sunset and got really cool once it was dark. Unfortunately Davids Camera run out of battery and my cellphone as good as its camera is during the day couldnt cope with the bright lights at night at all. Anyway pictures dont come close to the impression you get there.

Good way to cope with the cold :)

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/2014_01_09_17_39-001c0j3u.jpg[IMG]

Oh, in the evening we could also enjoy a pretty good live performance from some local expats.

"White Sugar"

The next day we already took a flight down south to Yunnans provincal capital, Kunming. Here we spend another day sightseeing before starting our Trip the next day. Impressions of Kunming and the first day on the road will be in my next post!