Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 CF 650 NK for sale 
    BIKE SOLD

Hi,

I sell my bike, it is 10 months old and has 5400 km on the clock. We are in Tianjin province.

The bike was originally sold at Jeff´s in Shanghai, and the bike was not registered as the owner didnt have DL anyway. After some trouble with the police, he decided to sell the bike, and I bought it in August with some 3000 km. I also got from Jeff a new fapiao on my name, as the Tianjin traffic bureau had previously told me they would demand it to number plate it.

I sent the bike by truck here and tried to register it, but when I had already paid the road tax, they refused to give me the plate on the grounds that the fapiao had a laowai name (!!). End of the day this means that although the bike can be registered, the new owner (or myself, according to Tianjin bureau demand) would need to have a a new fapiao issued and pay for the road tax. I refused to do it because 1) The chinese name requirement is absurd, and an abuse 2) they never mentioned when I went there to ask, before buying the bike 3) Im leaving

In spite of this, I have tried to be as legal as possible, and the bike has anyway insurance until October.

I wasted all August without riding it, waiting to get the plate. Instead I spent time doing some maintenance and tweaks, I changed oil and filter, air filter, replaced the horn, mirrors, fixed a vacuum leak, tightened coolant hoses, greased cables... In September I started taking her for short rides around the place, only to discover there is really nowhere to go. Winter arrived pretty fast, and I havent ridden it much. Besides I also had e-moped to go to work and go down to the supermarket.

The bike is in perfect operating condition, runs smoothly and returns 50 mpg-5,5 l/100. When I bough it I noticed a slightly rough riding at low revs and higher consumption, but that was fixed when I replaced the carb evap hoses one of which was apparently craked by the nipple. I also had to replace recently, a fork gasket.

I must also admit I dropped it once at low speed, already replaced the brake lever and bar weigth. There are a couple of scratches on the right plastic tank fairings, and on the exhaust, see the pictures below.

The reson for selling is I'm leaving.

Selling price is 26.000 rmb.
    I also have a Kriptonite New York chain and two Xena disc locks (one with alarm) for another 2.000 rmb.

The bike is Tanggu district, belonging to Tianjin. For the Beijingners, there is a direct train there that takes about 50 minutes.

Cheers!
    Gorka.
    mugarragorka@gmail.com
    Attached Images
    Last edited by gorka; 03-30-2014 at 12:18 AM.

2. #2 CF 650 NK for sale 
    Last edited by gorka; 02-17-2014 at 02:58 PM.

3. #3 CF 650 NK for sale 
    Last edited by gorka; 02-17-2014 at 02:58 PM.

4. #4 Re: CF 650 NK for sale 
    Last edited by gorka; 02-06-2014 at 06:33 AM.

5. #5 Re: CF 650 NK for sale 

New price: 24.000 rmb

7. #7 Re: CF 650 NK for sale 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Gorka!

So basically if I buy the bike, I need to ask a Chinese to get it under his name, right?

Best,

Hi csmik,
    I can't guarantee that (or any other) solution would work.
    The only thing I can do is send you a scan copy of my papers so you try to find out how you can use them.
    Best regards,
    Gorka.
    A brief update, the second fork also had the gasket just replaced and the bike has now 5800 km.

9. #9 Re: CF 650 NK for sale 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Alright.
    I'd be interested to check the papers yes. Also, an I easily transform the bike into the TR version? (with the case and everything).
    Cheers,

Hi csmik,
    Pls send me a pm with your email so I send you the docs.
    Transforming the NK into a TR? I think it would be more expensive than buying a TR in the first place, and i wouldn't be legal.
    Best regards, G.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast