Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

C-Moto Noob
    Hey all,

I'm the owner, we're a licensed/insured/bonded motor vehicle dealer in Missouri.

Carrying the IceBear, SSR, and Pitster Pro, and Sunny lines of scooters, motorcycles, dirt bikes, pit bikes, and other random offerings -- plus stand-up gas and electric scooters, gas and electric skateboards, and a few electric bikes from ScooterX, X-Treme, Wheelman, etc. Also, the Cruizin' Cooler, which may or may not interest anyone on this board.

Currently we're set up for drop shipping, which I realize may make some wary (I've read a lot of threads on this site, especially the great DF250RTB thread started by barnone). But I'll shoot you straight. I don't believe in gimmicks or other BS. It is what it is. I'll try to price match but can't guarantee it. Shipping costs are included in our advertised pricing so it's easy to compare.

Shoot me your questions or feedback if you have any.

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by AllAroundPOser; 04-29-2014 at 09:59 PM.

2. #2 Re: ScooterFolks.com dealer introduction 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hey Paul,

I'm not in the states but when I was everyone knew to stay away from drop shippers. You maybe are different and their are suckers born every minute so you may do well. I just wonder why you would be licensed, bonded, and insured if you only drop ship, or is that just something you say to make people feel good?

C-Moto Noob
    Good question. The suppliers we deal with require a dealer license, and Missouri requires motor vehicle dealers to carry full insurance and to be bonded. We handle the MCO and titling paperwork for vehicles requiring motor vehicle registration.

To address your other comments, the last thing I want to do is sucker someone into a purchase. There are many locales in the US and Canada where folks don't have access to a local dealer carrying the line of scooters or bikes they want to buy. Or they might have other reasons to buy online.

Any other questions or concerns, let me know.

Paul

www.scooterfolks.com

4. #4 Re: ScooterFolks.com dealer introduction 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    A licensed vehicle dealer needs to have a properly zoned physical business address with a showroom and seperate office.(to prevent people from selling on street corners, out of house garage/back shed, storage locker, etc..) Please post your dealer number as that is a one requirement for advertising.

MSO/MCO- manufacturer's statement of origin is the "birth certificate" of the vehicle, it must be presented with the bill of sale upon physical inspection of VIN #s and EPA/DOT labels. If you are a drop shipper you never have possession of the vehicle so you can only send the vehicle with MSO/MCO for new owner to deal with.

If you really are passionate about doing the right thing you really need to get a real "brick and mortar" legally zoned shop. If you are making sales with only a website/phone number/e-mail address the buyer really does not have any recourse if you "disappear".

5. #5 Re: ScooterFolks.com dealer introduction 
    Just askin a question ... when you place this announcement.......We've got 'em out the wazoo: scooters, dirt bikes, pit bikes, motorcycles, ATVs, go-karts, motorized skateboards, motorized coolers(!), on your site....it makes it seem like you have stock .... is this the case or am I misinterpreting
    LMMC/LAMF

C-Moto Noob
    I appreciate the passion. We don't carry much inventory in our physical location but have plans to grow the brick/mortar retail end with rental and sales.

I don't intend to declare or decry the pros or cons if any method here. As with any issue the pros will outweigh the cons for some people, or vice versa. Many in these forums have openly recommended drop ship dealers and others have recommended brick/mortar-only dealers.

As for customer recourse, the various states' insurance and bond requirements for dealers are in place for that very reason.

7. #7 Re: ScooterFolks.com dealer introduction 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAroundPOser View Post
    There are many locales in the US and Canada where folks don't have access to a local dealer carrying the line of scooters or bikes they want to buy. Or they might have other reasons to buy online.
    No kidding!!!!

One-stop drop shipping is a great service for may people who do not have easy access to dealers.

Good luck to you.

PS: Is it just me, or are the number of smallish Bricks & Mortar dealers in serious decline? Last few times I have been in Canada/USA, it seems that huge motorcycle "box stores" seem to be becoming the norm.

8. #8 Re: ScooterFolks.com dealer introduction 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    No dealer's license, no bond, no inventory, and no proof, really instills confidence. Your "address" is in the middle of nowhere so no one will check if you are legal.

Put your money where your mouth is and open a legit store. I would much rather buy from someone who does the right thing the right way instead of a drop shipper who charges the same price. You should be charging 40% less because you have no overhead and do everything shady.