Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Hello From SAGA canada 
    Hello everyone,

My name is Brad and I am from SAGA Canada, we are an importer that represents Benzhou Group. They are a manufacturer of one of the top branded scooters in North America as well we offer the first DOT approved 250 enduro.

If you have any questions,I will be glad to answer them.

www.sagacanada.ca

Thanks,

Brad

Brad,

Welcome to MCM and thanks for taking a minute to post up. If you'd like, feel free to put up a post in the dealers section where you can display your models (both bikes and babes ) and solicit opinions about products.

Let me know any ideas you may have on making MCM a more useful place for dealers, distributors and customers to hang out and exchange ideas.

Paz,
    CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Questions.

1)The 250 is not counter balanced is it?
    2)Prices? Is the price on your website the MSRP? Is that the best prices?
    3)You are the guys down on Mufford Cres right? (edit: answered this by checking your website)
    4)You aren't the guys spamming craiglist right? That's X-Rage(lifan.ca)**?
    5)How would you compare your bikes to X-rage? The 250 Lifan "style" bike they have is very similar, but it only costs $1699.00 (add $100 for assembly) . Granted their company has a bad reputation, of being rude, not appearing to have interest in doing business with the customer, spamming craigslist, and I believe they were kicked out of the Vancouver Motorcycle Show, but I am not certain on that. **
    6)The rear shock on the 250, can you PM me a price on one of those, and possibly a picture? Thanks.

Thanks Brad.

** The above text about X-Rage / Lifan.ca is not verified fact and is a statement of opinion, and as such is not defamation.
    Last edited by Jim; 03-09-2009 at 12:08 AM.

Question Round 2.

1)I don't know how familiar you are with the Lifan bikes, but a common "issue" with them is the front brake, where the pad extends a little past the edge of the brake disc, and often the brakes make a rattling or other strange noise (usually while pushing them)... I see that you guys have a "fancier" brake disc, and different setup on them, do you know if your brake acts similar, with the noise and so on...

2)Do you guys have anyway to lower the bike (the 250)?

3)Sprockets, do you carry replacement sprockets, and sprockets of different sizes?

4)The brakes appear to be anti-locking, is that correct?

5)What brand of tires are on the bike?

Thanks again.

5. #5 SAGA 250 Enduro 
    Hi Jim,

Thanks for your interest and for your valid questions, In regard to answering them it's as follows:

1)The 250 is not counter balanced is it?-

No it is not

2)Prices? Is the price on your website the MSRP? Is that the best prices?- Yes...It is our MSRP.

We have 35+ dealers in Canada and it would be up to the dealer to neg on price. Our dealers can't sell for more than $3199.00

3)You are the guys down on Mufford Cres right? (edit: answered this by checking your website).

Enough said

4)You aren't the guys spamming craiglist right? That's X-Rage(lifan.ca)**?

No we are not...our legal representatives are taking care of this

5)How would you compare your bikes to X-rage? The 250 Lifan "style" bike they have is very similar, but it only costs $1699.00 (add $100 for assembly) . Granted their company has a bad reputation, of being rude, not appearing to have interest in doing business with the customer, spamming craigslist, and I believe they were kicked out of the Vancouver Motorcycle Show, but I am not certain on that. **

The difference in quality is comparing apples to oranges...I'm not familiar with this product but for a $1699.00 price tag it probably isn't DOT approved. It would be registered as an off road bike.

6)The rear shock on the 250, can you PM me a price on one of those, and possibly a picture? Thanks.

I'm looking into this and will respond when I have proper info.

1)I don't know how familiar you are with the Lifan bikes, but a common "issue" with them is the front brake, where the pad extends a little past the edge of the brake disc, and often the brakes make a rattling or other strange noise (usually while pushing them)... I see that you guys have a "fancier" brake disc, and different setup on them, do you know if your brake acts similar, with the noise and so on...

With our ABS brake system, there is no road noise

2)Do you guys have anyway to lower the bike (the 250)?

You can lower the rear shock about 1"

3)Sprockets, do you carry replacement sprockets, and sprockets of different sizes?

Yes we do...we are waiting for more inventory to arrive shortly

4)The brakes appear to be anti-locking, is that correct?

They are not anti lock...we have an ABS system "Adjustable Braking System" which allows the rider to adjust the brakes to there riding style. It adjusts the grip of the pads on the rotor

5)What brand of tires are on the bike?

They are a brand called SBL

I hope that answers your questions

Ride safe...

Brad

Brad,

You can see ol' Jim is front and center with the questions there and thanks for taking the time to answer. I checked out your web page and it looks like a good spread of machines...are they all Benzhou? Would you mind if I ask what/how you decided to go with Benzhou over other manufacturers? Also, what's you're position in the company?

Feel free to answer these questions off-line or not at all if you consider them sensitive information. Just curious about how you guys are set up, how you feel about the manufacturer and a what your goals are.

Paz,
    CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

7. #7 SAGA 250 Enduro 
    Hi Carl...

Asking questions is all part of the the information circle and I'm glad to provide all the answers to Jim's questions.

All our Scooters are Benzhou and our enduro is manufactured by Chong Quing Kaier.We went with Benzhou because of there quality,features and design. This partnership will allow us to work closely together to providing a quality product and to expand our innovation. We are in the process of bringing in a 250cc 4 stroke scooter..details to follow. What sets us apart from other distributors is that we only deal in Scooters and Enduro bikes. We have a few ATV's but we will be phazing them out. As well, we offer our dealers and extended warranty program which allows the consumer to purchase an extended 2 yr warranty for $299 on top of the 1 yr they get when they purchase the scooter,so it ends up being a 3 yr parts and labour warranty.

My role in the company is that I am a manufacture's agent which aligns prospective dealers to our products,parts and accessories.

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions Brad :)

About the X-Rage bikes, I think you are probably right about the registration, however, they could likely be provincially inspected and then registered for the road couldn't they? Sorry this is really out of your field since it is a different company, the only thing that appeals to me about that company is the prices, I have phoned them in the past, and I believe his name was Doug, I think he is the one in charge of sales, he really did not seem interested in doing business with me, so I made sure we didn't. The thing of interest to me about them, next to price, is that their Lifan Style 200 and 250 6, are VERY similar to my Lifan LF200 GY6, except for the swing arm, and they have the non balanced engine, essentially, if I was looking for plastics or a seat they should have them, whether they would care to do business with me or not is not certain.

Brad, do you work in the Mufford Cres location? I may stop by one day, when the weather gets nicer of course, and I have my bike back on the road...

9. #9 SAGA 250 Enduro 
    Hi Jim,

Your Welcome

As stated previously, I am unfamiliar with X-Rage and there product as well as who they get there products from so I can't tell you but, what I can tell you is that he only ships to BC and Alberta probably because of the registration laws are not as strict as the rest of the country. The things that distiguish the price point is one of two things:

1) The materials that are used in making the bike(ie) Metal strength in the frame,bearings in the swing arm,wheels and triple tree. Is it a metal or plastic tank?If it is plastic...its not a DOT,rims ect
    2)Is that they are reducing it to get rid of the there 2007 or 2008 inventory.

I checked there website and it seems to be closed.

At the end of the day it is up to you the consumer in what you want in a bike.

No, I do not work in BC...I live on the other coast and look after Ont,QC and Atlantic Canada.... Dan or Calvin will gladly assist you!

Again Jim, I hope I answered your questions

Take Care,

Brad

I own a GY250 C2 and it's a great machine.

I can't say enough about saga Canada.They have a decent machine for sale.
    3199$ might be a lot of money to some for a china bike but I think mine's worth the money.It is a street legal machine.They have worked hard to get this machine to be a reliable.

As for service I'll say it again and again that Saga has been great to deal with.I had the turn signal flasher unit fail and they sent me one no problems ( and paid the shipping).I'll ride the machine lots this year and see how it does, but I fell confident that no matter what happens with normal use that SAGA will take care of warrenty and parts issues.

For the record I don't work for them...:) just bought a bike from Dan and Calvin last fall.

Also SAGA CANADA can you email me that saga avatar.I'd love to use it on this forum also as my avatar.PM me
    Last edited by kens; 03-11-2009 at 01:33 AM. Reason: add info

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast