Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. #31 Re: Hello From SAGA canada, a few questions 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks, I tried that, and even emailed Saga in Vancouver directly with no results. He must not be around I guess. I finally called Saga in Vancouver long distance and am now awaiting some answers after they look into some things about my questions.

2. #32 Re: Hello From SAGA canada, a few questions 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by ohymeagain View Post
    Hi Brad and all, I'm new here and have a few questions. I bought a 2009 Saga 250 privately this month with 2 km on it (brand new). My questions are what if anything can I do about warranty? I have erratic idling/stalling problems (I now have 250km), found the signal light switch wouldn't stay on left turn (loose screw on lever), cracks to bottom of windshield at mounting screws, tires way out of balance (adding Dyna Beads) and headlights aren't bright enough and aimed too low. Now the left amber lens in the tail light came loose and is rattling around in the housing. Is it possible to substitute a halogen bulb (I did it to my Yamaha 180cc)? Is there any way to raise the rear shock height as I lightly scrape bottom going through driveways. Once I wear out the rear tire I'd like to substitute a higher profile tire. All in all I think the scooter is pretty decent so far for the price range, but do have a few concerns.

Thanks, Ron
    Just an update, I now have 2000 KM on it, and am not pleased. I hate to bash the scooter but with no support from Saga Canada I need to vent a bit. The stalling problem continues (seems to be the electric choke (forget trying to start it in cold weather unless you're prepared to heat up the carburetor) combined with a non-vented gas cap (who dreamed that up?) which I now leave slightly loose), Saga wouldn't sell me the extended warranty (stating it's a used machine even though it only had 2 km on it), the tail light lenses keep falling out, now I did away with the signal lenses altogether (requires taking the whole rear body off - about 4 hours) and put in amber LED bulbs, replaced the totally inadequate headlight bulbs with halogen H4's, the trip odometer gets stuck at 200 and 300 km (if I bang on the dash it starts going again), the windshield is way, way too low (below chin height), even with twice the recommended amount of dyna beads in the tires I still get lots of vibration (I'm sure it's due to the huge heavy brass valve stem and not a great tire). I hit a medium sized pothole and bent the VERY SOFT aluminum rear wheel rim, cracked the trunk lid in half (cheap plastic). I replaced the rear wheel rim and installed a much lighter valve stem and now my rear vibration is much less, so I guess I'll replace the front valve stem too, and see if that helps. I replaced the entire trunk with another brand of trunk complete with LED brake and turn signals (for less than Saga wants for their trunk).
    A word to the wise - don't buy one in my opinion unless you get it real cheap and are prepared to fix all the ongoing problems. I'm sure I haven't seen the end of problems with mine yet!
    Thanks, Ron

3. #33 Re: Hello From SAGA canada 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Well, here is the REAL STORY from the eyes of a customer.....NOT from a dealer trying to grab the next buck.

My husband and I took your 2010 Saga 250cc cruiser scooter out for another test drive after YET ANOTHER repair the other day. We have only had this bike for just over month, it has been to the shop for the SAME EXACT PROBLMES 4 TIMES! Starts (MAYBE) STALLS IN TRAFFIC AND DIES ANYWHERE AT ANY TIME. Each time, the mechanic assuring us that he had fixed the problem. The first time it stalled was when we were trying to drive it out of your dealer's parking lot. Of course I got excuses as to why this happened.

This time, it started up just fine, but sounded a bit slow to me on the idle. Nevertheless, we went, topped if off with gas and went for a ride setting the trip meter before leaving. 21 k's later, the bike just quits on me. We got it started, but it sounded really low in idle again. We went about 5 or yards and boom.....just quit on me again while riding through a very crowed parking lot with lots of cars and people. My husband was ahead of me both times since I didn't know my way through the park.

We finally had to have it towed 21 K'S from our home back to the dealer. YOUR DEALER AND YOU REFUSED TO GIVE US A REFUND AND OUR TRADE-IN BACK WHICH IS SITTING IN YOUR SHOP IN MINT CONDITION . Your "Certified Mechanic" said they needed to send it back to the distributor who we got on the phone and complained to and we said that the bike has never run properly. He told the mechanic to bring it back to him and they would do the work on it. The dealer says he has gone as far as he can go with what SAGA trained him to do. We asked for a loaner bike- your dealer refused us. We asked to see copies of the work orders that he had done so far......He pushed a blank piece of paper in front of my husband and said "that's the work order".

He rode it around a few times and it went just fine; even though we had just had it towed in. THEN, I said..." you need to ride it at about 20-30-k's and then let it idle for a minute. He did. It stalled. He tried to start it and it wouldn't until the 4th try. then he says "well, it seems to be fine now"....What a joke!

And by the way, he refused to pay the tow on it as well. I told him they need to give me another bike or they need to give me my money back. They said they could not refund the money. I asked my husband if he signed something that waived a refund. He had not. We gave him the bike Tuesday and it wasn't ready umtil yesterday. Now, we had to leave it with them AGAIN. It's a holiday weekend (MAY LONG WEEKEND) here in Canada. So, it's sitting until next Wednesday to go to another city where the distributor is going to have it tested by THEIR mechanic. Who knows when it will come back. NOW, you have my money AND my bike.

I did take a video of us trying to start it, where we were, us trying to start it several more times before the tow truck guy started putting it up on the rack; which I intend to post to the internet so that no one else is treated this poorly. You all should have PAID US to take that bike off your hands. We haven't even gotten so much as an apology from anyone. Just excuses, terrible mechanical ability from youR "certified to work on all of our products" mechanic, and what now appears to be 8 year old, sweat shop craftsmanship.

I'm digusted. We will NEVER deal with SAGA CANADA again and certainly WILL NOT recommend you in light of the sorry customer service. You sold us a lemmon and you know it.

Happy Trails!

4. #34 Re: Hello From SAGA canada 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi folks I do know a little about these SAGA idiots. The dude who ran KONKER [ name xcapes me ] was in cahoots with the dude from China who had the Saga scooters .Things were not good with these individuals from the start as I know of x2 dealers taht were fukt by these knobs.The saga dude ran back to China and the Konker dude just disappeared.

5. #35 Re: Hello From SAGA canada 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    He should have dissappeared if he didn't intend to make things right with his customers! Pititul business practices.

I don't know if they sell these in the United States or not, but sure hope the don't break into that market under some other name. The Unites States is my home land and I would hate to see it infested with more bad business from China.

BUYER BEWARE!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234