Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sounds good Brad :)

Yes the tank is metal by the way (or at least it is on my Lifan I got from Coast to Coast, and theirs looks similar). Anyways this is all irrellevant and off topic anyways...

I guess I may as well just wait for a nice day and go down and talk to Dan or Calvin about that shock...

Hey Brad I was wondering if you are familair with the Konker brand (orr Qingqi / Qlink)?

Hi Jim,

Yes I do....they are pushing the pitbike line(125cc-140cc with 14"-12" wheels which to me looks to be a decent product. They are trying to introduce the Lembrettea line which I don't think its from the same company back in the late 60's. and its a 2 stroke if my memory serves me correctly.

I think the biggest trail bike they have is a 200cc looks like a GY 5? As well they dabble in ATV's.

Overall...Good guy,alot of money invested in advertising,great looking pitbikes but tough to compete with Pitster Pro and others

What they have now is much more impressive then that, they've got their new bike they call a KSM200 (maybe a different name for the dual sport version)... It is a Qingqi 200 Super Moto, very nice machine, and Qingqi is the company in cahoots with Suzuki (Just ask Carl about them)... The reason I brought that up, and no offense to your product line intended, is in my opinion, these are a nicer bike (re: Suzuki Reference), and that they have the msrp set only at $2995... Keep in mind I am a cheap bugger, but I also keep in mind bang for the buck... I know that the Konker here is a 200 and you have a 250, but that is not the only difference in the bike, and I think the Konker (Qingqi) makes up for the lack of extra 50cc with the quality that comes from the same factory that is working with Suzuki.

Again, I am not trying to offend or argue, just pointing out some of the competition as I think it is good to know what else is out there and how they are priced when working in a relatively new and growing market...

Hi Jim,

No offence taken and I truly appreciate the info....I saw that they had a new dual sport version(QM200GY-B(SD) at the bike show but not the motard version(QM200GY-B(ASD) as stated in your reply.Did they bring in the motard version as well? I must say the motard version is impressive.

Jim, do you know if it is DOT approved?When they register them are they still considered off road (Dual sport version)?Warranty? Is it limited?

At the end of the day it is up to the purchaser in what he wants and the extra's in service and the after the sale commitment by the dealership..... thanks for the feedback.

Your not a cheap bugger Jim!....your a "Thrifty rider"

Brad

LOL, I see you found that...

I believe, and could be wrong here, that the dealer I spoke too told me they have 6 month warranty... So you've got them beat there, though in my opinion, and experience, I haven't needed the warranty in that time frame, and with parts on Chinese bikes being so cheap anyways, I'd rather a lower initial purchase price, and tough it out for parts if the issue came up. That's just my preference though, others will vary..

I don't KNOW for certain whether the bike is dot approved, I am assuming it is, and that it would be registered for the road, but I guess I would have to go back and ask... The dealer I talked to only had the Motard version, he didn't have the dual sport version. I know Konker had been working on getting it for quite a while now, I had been there (the main importer this time, not the dealer) probably the middle of last year, and they had one sitting in the show room but they weren't yet selling them, I think they were working on having them dot approved at the time?

Then again, here in BC it is pretty easy to register a bike for the road, I don't have any experience with other provinces...

Just as an FYI,

Our warranty program is a 1 yr/5000km parts and labour warranty with the option to purchase an additional extended 2 yr for I think $199.00 for the scooters and $249.00 for the enduro(Please forgive me..we just signed an agreement with Crossroads Warranty).

It's big money to DOT nationally...I hope there are no hiccups.

[QUOTE=kens;5892

Also SAGA CANADA can you email me that saga avatar.I'd love to use it on this forum also as my avatar.PM me[/QUOTE]

Ken,

IM me your email address

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by SAGACanada View Post
    Just as an FYI,

Our warranty program is a 1 yr/5000km parts and labour warranty with the option to purchase an additional extended 2 yr for I think $199.00 for the scooters and $249.00 for the enduro(Please forgive me..we just signed an agreement with Crossroads Warranty).

It's big money to DOT nationally...I hope there are no hiccups.

Yep, as I said, you do have them beat on warranty

I also am not certain about their dot certification one way or the other, maybe one day they will show up here and answer, as far as I am aware, they are, but I have no fact, I haven't spoken directly to the guys at Konker in months..

How much power does the 250cc engine you use produce?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast